Al Haitham x reader

Hey guys, this was a request from @Phoenix_Ikki. Hope you enjoy! WARNING: Spoilers for the Archon Quest in Sumeru and the Desert, too!

Studying at the Akademiya was, for Al Haitham at least, dull, and unexciting. However, that changed when you joined, studying alongside him under the same Sage. You were rather quiet, even for a scholar, but you knew how to properly handle information. You'd been born in Fontaine, but hated the atmosphere, and decided to move to Sumeru. You were very wary of people who even slightly looked to pose a threat, and you had surprisingly sharp deduction skills. You were blessed with a Pyro Vision, a testament to your passion to fight and assist others. However, you had a quiet voice, and tended to avoid asking too many questions. What Al Haitham saw in you was a quiet but smart girl, perfect for helping him uncover information on his mission. So, he decided that he'd get to know you, not knowing that things would go from professional to very unprofessional after he got a taste of the kindness you so abundantly gave those who were struggling.

You walked alongside Al Haitham through Port Ormos, wide (E/C) eyes taking everything in and observing the bustling port city. Someone was running through the crowds, and you instinctively rushed to the side to let them pass, grasping Al Haitham's arm tightly. When you realized that you were spacing out and still grasping his arm, you let go, giving a hushed apology as a small apologetic smile graced your lips. He nodded stiffly, turning his attention to the wooden docks that had suddenly interested him far more than you. His face was slightly flushed, but you didn't seem to notice. You gave him a confused look when he turned to face you again, but he shook his head. You shrugged, not bothering him further for a response. You found somewhere to sit, and put your finger to your lips, telling him to be quiet. You watched a traveler with blond hair sit down, and decided to get up to let him look over at them by moving. You sighed, now unable to see, before eyeing Al Haitham. You shrugged, and tried poking him to get his attention, but to no avail, since he was focused. You gave up, before mentally noting that he was still focused, and slowly scooting over until you sat down in his lap.

Al Haitham had never frozen so stiffly in his entire life, before he watched the Traveler as they stayed in thought. His gaze flicked down to you, and his face erupted in red as his eyes met yours. You looked at him, a smirk on your face as you spoke. "You didn't move when I poked you, so this was the only other option I could think of." you explained, leaning against him as he tried to calm his racing heart. He didn't know how you were so cute and so terrifying at the same time, but he finally went with it, and got up when the Ayn Al-Ahmar Mercenaries tried to leave with the 500,000 Mora that the traveler had paid. "Not so fast, you still have to pay them, every last Mora. unless you'd like a taste of the scorching hot flames you people are used to." you threatened, your Vision flaring to life as flames flickered in the palms of your hands. You stared them down, before watching as they handed over the Mora they'd conned the Traveler out of. "Come on, this isn't the place to talk. I know where we can go." you advised.

~Timeskip~

You watched around you as you, Al Haitham, the Traveler, and Paimon all walked, and floated, through the entrance to Aaru Village. You saw a flash behind you in your peripheral vision, and grabbed Al Haitham's arm, yanking him toward you mere seconds before the Traveler blocked Cyno's attack. The problem with yanking someone taller than you toward you was that you fell to the ground, dragging Al Haitham down with you, as well. He landed on top of you, his hands on either side of your head, pinning you down in a way. His face was mere centimeters away from yours. You didn't have time to react, when he launched himself to his feet to fight Cyno. you sat up, watching the fight, before Dehya came to break it up.

You all sat in the Village Chief's house whilst the sandstorm outside blew sand everywhere but in. You had to share a room with Al Haitham for the time being, since the sounds of the creatures of the Sandstorm scared you. However, since the house had an open floor concept to it, there were no doors, which meant that you could see that everyone had gotten in safely. Candace had gone out a few minutes ago, but you knew she'd be fine. You'd heard a few stories of her might, and you were impressed to say the least. You leaned against Al Haitham's shoulder, before he cracked under the pressure, and finally spoke. "Hey, can I tell you something?" he asked, causing you to nod. His voice had always been so soothing to you. "Promise not to tell anyone?" he asked. "Sure, Haitham, what is it?" you questioned, looking up at him. He sighed, before gently grasping your chin and cupping your face in his hands. He pressed his forehead against yours, pulling you into his lap as his lips ghosted over yours. "I've liked you for so long now, and you didn't even notice. How did you- mph?!" you grabbed his collar and pulled him close, kissing him on the lips as your eyes slipped closed. When you opened them after pulling away, he dragged you close again, wrapping his arms around your waist as he pulled you into his lap and crashed his lips against yours. He pulled away a moment later, looking at you as your eyes met his. "I believe that's your answer, no?" you asked, causing him to roll his eyes as you giggled. "I... I love you, (Y/N)." he breathed, falling back with you now laying down on his chest. "I love you, too, Haitham." you whispered, hugging him as you rested against him. However, your little moment was ruined by Cyno, as he poked his head into the room. "If you two are done making out, then I'll have you know that we've found a lead to-" "Get out, Cyno!" you both yelled in unison.