Pierro x Spirit

Hey guys, this was a request from @AaliahKasandraValeri. Hope you all enjoy!

When one heard about the characteristics of loyalty, courage, and fierceness, a Pyro wielder fit the bill quite nicely. That perfectly explained why exactly The Jester was quite surprised to see that the leader of the spirits was none other than a Hydro wielder. He'd heard whispers of rumors about a lady named Spirit, but he'd never seen her in person, having always assumed that the second spirit, Cleo, was the leader of their group. He'd been asked by the Tsaritsa to become allies with the spirits as soon as possible, lest The Traveler get to them and persuade them first.

Spirit admired the beautiful architecture of Zapolyarny Palace, looking at the frozen ground and icy pillars of the place. She kept walking until she saw Cleo, a slight smirk appearing on her face. "Well, look what the cat dragged in. Why are you here, Cleo? And where are the ones I'm going to meet with?" she asked. He shrugged slightly. "Turns out that I was called here as well. Oh, but don't worry though, the others are still at home. As for the ones we're seeing, they haven't opened the doors yet to let us in, so your guess is as good as mine." he replied. As if on cue, the doors opened to reveal a ginger haired man that looked a lot like...

"Deneb? You're here too? Cleo, you literally just now told me that everyone else was back home." Spirit voiced. "Um, not Deneb, whoever that is. I'm Tartaglia, although most people call me Childe." he said, holding out his hand for the two of them to shake. Cleo shook his hand first, and then Spirit, before he continued talking. "Anyways, sorry for the wait. The others were getting ready, and they spent forever just getting dressed alone." the Harbinger grumbled. "It's alright, this one," Spirit pointed her thumb at Cleo, "is almost always late." she finished. "Huh, I didn't think that the leader of your group would be the one tardy, but to each their own, I suppose." Tartaglia observed. Spirit gave him an annoyed look. "Cleo isn't the leader of our group, I am." She corrected him. He turned back to look at her. "Oh, well you might want to tell the other Harbingers that, because they assume it's Cleo." He replied. She nodded, before looking at the large set of double doors that led to the meeting room. Tartaglia opened it and spoke. "They're here, everyone!" He said cheerfully, trotting up to his chair and taking a seat. Spirit took a look around at the lot of them.

The first to catch her eye was the man at the head of the table, his long white hair falling over his broad shoulders. He had a stern gaze, but his teal eyes softened slightly into an inviting smile. "Greetings, and Welcome to Snezhnaya. I would hope that the journey here wasn't difficult for the two of you." He voiced. "Indeed, travel was fair, and the conditions were good. There were no snowstorms on the way here." Cleo spoke. "Well then, that is good to hear. My name is Pierro, the First Harbinger. It is an honor to make your acquaintance, Leader of the Spirits." He spoke politely, his gaze trained on Cleo as if he expected a response.

"The honor is all mine, Lord Pierro." Spirit replied, giving a low bow to The Jester. "Ah, so you're the leader then, my apologies. I thought that Lord Cleo was the one who led your group." He apologized. She waved him off, shaking her head. "It's alright, this is a common misconception." Spirit reassured. Pierro nodded before clearing his throat. "I won't waste time with the introductions, since it would seem that you're busy today. We need comrades, and you and your friends are a powerful group from what we've heard. If you'd consider it, we'd like for the eleven of you to join forces with the Fatui. Of course, we'll give you time to-" Pierro started, only for her to interrupt him. "No need, I've been waiting for this opportunity. Besides, we already know about most of the other nations, save for yours. Snezhnaya is the only nation that we have almost no information about. Besides, you all seem rather serious about an alliance between our groups, so I see no reason to suspect that you're lying or trying to pull anything here." Spirit replied, Cleo nodding his agreement. "Of course. Then would you perhaps be willing to bring the rest of your group here at some point next week? It will be the only time we'll all be here to meet with them. It is not often that we Harbingers meet up collectively." He proposed. Spirit nodded. "We can easily do that, I'll just have to call the others." She replied. "Wonderful, then until next time, Lady Spirit." Pierro concluded, watching the two leave.

Cleo looked over at Spirit, smirking slightly. "You seemed pretty interested in mister serious back there. What was that about?" He teased, causing her to look over at him. "What's your point?" She asked, looking over at him as the two walked. "Well, you've never been interested in anyone, let alone a human, so it's a bit of a surprise is all." Cleo explained. "He seems like a gentleman, but you can relax, I'm not rushing into a relationship with anyone. I want to see what he's like as a person, first." She voiced. The rest of the walk was spent in silence, with both making small comments every now and then about the scenery.

It didn't take long to arrange a proper meeting with the Harbingers next week, and before she could think properly about it, Spirit stood in front of the double doors to the meeting room. She looked back at the others and spoke. "We're trying to make a good impression, we want to work with them, not scare them off." She said. Each of the other ten spirits nodded, before the doors opened to reveal Pierro. He had discarded his Harbinger uniform, and now wore a white suit vest. He opened the door to allow them in, his eyes seeming to linger on Spirit when she passed him. She walked in and watched as the other spirits talked to the Harbingers, introducing themselves and making small talk. She leaned against a wall, before a large shadow looked over her. "Ah, I figured you would eventually speak to me again, considering that you've been watching me rather closely as of late." Spirit voiced, looking up at him. Before he could speak, Spirit beat him to it. "I look forward to working with you, Lord Pierro." She spoke.

~Timeskip~

It was obvious that he was acting differently around her, but why was the real question. Spirit had noticed rather fast that Pierro's attitude toward her had changed over time. He was much nicer to her than he was to the other Harbingers, let alone the other spirits. The real question was why he was acting like this. Spirit decided to say something, since Pierro had told her that she could speak her mind to him if she wished to do so. She threw on a sweater and her jacket, before grabbing her scarf and walking to Zapolyarny Palace.

Pierro was looking over paperwork when Spirit walked in, her eyes meeting his as she closed the door behind her. She cleared her throat, nodding to him. She couldn't recall a time in her life where she felt as nervous as she did now. "Lord Pierro, may I speak with you for a moment? If you don't mind, that is." Spirit asked. He mumbled something under his breath while looking at her. "What? I didn't quite hear you." She said. He sighed deeply, before his eyes locked with hers. "I said that just calling me Pierro is fine." He clarified, standing up from his seat. He towered over her, which made her even more nervous than she already was. "Well, um, don't be angry, but you must let me completely finish saying what I'm going to say next until you can respond, alright?" She asked. Pierro was confused, but nodded anyway, allowing her to speak. "The floor is yours, then." He finished, leaning with a hand on his desk as he watched her. Spirit thought for a moment, before taking a deep breath, and speaking slowly.

"I've noticed that you've been rather... watchful of me as of late. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's made me realize a few things. I've been thinking lately about why you've been doing this, and I've been reflecting on my own feelings about this. And I can confidently say that I've developed feelings for you." She voiced.

Spirit looked at Pierro and saw that he wasn't speaking. She went to leave the room and save what small morsel of dignity she had left, but before her hand reached the doorknob, Pierro caught her wrist. He pulled her back from the door as she felt her face heat up. "Is that so?" He asked, turning her around to face him. Pierro leaned down and caught her chin between his thumb and forefinger, before gently pressing his lips against hers. She felt like she'd ascended to Celestia at that moment, having not expected this response out of any she had thought would happen. He pulled away after a minute, looking down at her. "Does that give you the answer as to why I've been so attentive as of late?" He asked, receiving a small nod from her in reply. She wrapped her arms around his neck as she looked up at him, pressing her forehead against his. Telling the others could wait for a later time. For now, the two stood there, basking in each other's presence.