Diluc x reader fluff

Hey guys, Sorry I've been gone for a hot minute, but I'm back with a little something I wrote. Enjoy!

It was a confusing feeling to him.

"Be careful, Diluc. I don't want to see you get hurt."

It was also an infuriating feeling to him.

You talked and laughed at another one of Kaeya's dumb jokes, your face tinted pink from laughter and wine. Diluc continued serving patrons, an obvious glare on his face.

But at the same time, it was a very warm feeling to him as well.

You grasped his sleeve as he handed you the flowers, a gentle smile on your face as you did so. "Thank you, Diluc. You didn't have to do this, but thank you for this." You mumbled, before turning to leave. You turned back suddenly, and, before he could react, you'd pressed your lips against his face, giving him a fleeting kiss on the cheek. "Take care, I'll see you around!" You called, waving to him and turning around, running back home. After you'd disappeared from his sight, Diluc tenderly raised his gloved hand to his cheek, where you'd kissed him mere moments before.

Even a week later, Diluc still thought about that day. You were the one thing he yearned to hold, no matter how foolish he himself thought the idea to be. He remembered his father telling him not to give up on the prospect of falling in love, because it could happen to him at some point. And now that it was, Diluc couldn't help the small smile that graced his lips. He had been told to embrace the feeling, and for once, he decided to listen to his late father's advice. Without further delay, Diluc went back to the Dawn Winery and picked out a white button up shirt and his finest red button up suit vest. He then put on a pair of khaki dress pants and tied his hair in a high ponytail, making sure the look suited him for the occasion. He then grabbed his jacket and walked out the door, heading in the direction of the city.

You walked the streets of Mondstadt early in the evening, thinking back to that day with Diluc. You had left in a hurry, and didn't think about the fact that you'd kissed him until you were almost home. At that point, your face turned bright red, and you hid your face in your hands when you got home. You thought to avoid the Angels' Share today, but then decided to go and apologize for possibly making him uncomfortable. You straightened out your skirt and walked to the Angels' Share, hoping that things would work out for you.

Diluc's change of dress was noticed immediately. He was in a slightly more pleasant mood, even willing enough to make small talk with Kaeya. He was also much more tolerant of Venti's drunken antics. He was busy cleaning a wine glass when you walked in, his hand stilling on the rim of the glass. You looked at him, your gaze locking with his. He was the first to look away, clearing his throat nervously as his face flushed slightly. "Oh? To what do we owe the pleasure, (Y/N)? How are you tonight?" Kaeya asked, his uncovered eye was trained on you. You flashed a small smile. "I'm doing well, Kaeya." You turned to look at Diluc, who was suddenly very interested in the floor behind the bar counter. "Good evening, Diluc. How are you?" You asked, causing him to look up at you. His gaze was much softer when he looked at you, and he even smiled, if only slightly. "I'm doing well. Thanks for asking." He replied, setting down the wine glass and moving on to the next. He continued cleaning, chatting with you or Kaeya every so often.

The moment the clock struck ten, Diluc told everyone to leave. You were about to get up to leave as well, but Diluc caught your sleeve gently, pulling you back to sit on one of the bar stools. "Not you, I wanted to speak with you." He muttered in your ear. You nodded softly, staying where you were. After everyone had left, you saw Diluc's eyes darken ever so slightly. He walked out from behind the bar and locked the door, before turning to face you. You were worried now, unsure of what his next move would be as he walked over to you. Before you could do anything else, he had wrapped his arms around you, pulling you up from the bar stool and hugging you. You looked up at him as he spoke, his voice suddenly much softer than it usually was. "Archons, lady, you haven't a clue what you do to me, do you? You have no idea how long I've been waiting to tell you this, but at this point, I don't care how you react, so long as you let me speak." He pulled back and pressed his forehead against yours, his hands making their way down to your hips as he continued.

"(Y/N), I've loved you for so long. I've been hopelessly in love with you since the days I was still with the Knights of Favonius. But I didn't tell you, and I've been letting those feelings sit in my chest, and I've been weighed down for years, hoping to at least tell you how I felt. But I was so scared you'd avoid me if I told you. I just... I can't hide it anymore." He finished, looking down at you. He was about to pull away when you grabbed his tie, a slight smirk on your face. "Then how about a proper kiss this time?" You asked, pressing your lips against his as you kissed him. The two of you stayed there for a minute, with you holding his face in place. After you pulled away, you looked into his deep red eyes and sighed softly, leaning against him and wrapping your arms around his neck. Diluc wrapped you up in his warm embrace, his large hands supporting the small of your back, before he swept you off of your feet. You barely had time to tighten your grip on his neck. He held you gently, before getting out the key to the front door and unlocking it, stepping outside. He locked the door again and put the key away, turning his attention back to you. There were few people out at this hour, save for the drunkards at the Cat's Tail. Diluc carried you to the Dawn Winery, before opening the doors and going inside. He set you down on the couch and then spoke. "Would you like anything to drink?" He asked, going to the kitchen. "I'm alright, thanks." You replied, looking over at him. You were exhausted from commissions, and felt your eyelids getting heavy. You couldn't help laying down on the couch, hugging one of the couch pillows. Diluc came back with a glass of water in his hand, and was about to speak when he saw you asleep on the couch. He couldn't help the smile that graced his features as he brushed some of your hair out of your face. He then picked you up gently and laid down under you, holding you close to his chest. He was about to drift off when he heard a voice from behind the couch. "Ah, young master, my apologies. If I knew that you were having someone over, I would have left earlier." He said, wiping his hands with a rag. "It's fine, Elzer." He replied, looking over at him. "You know, I have a feeling that your father is the one who influenced your confession." He mused, causing Diluc to tense up slightly. "I figured that was the case." Elzer finished, chuckling softly. "If you're going to make fun of me, then would you at least get a blanket?" Diluc requested. Elzer gave him a look. "Master Diluc, I didn't take you for the type to do such risqué things, and in the middle of the living room nonetheless." He said jokingly, but stopped when Diluc glared at him. "Of course, I'll get a blanket." He said finally, before getting one and handing it to Diluc. He thanked him and waited for him to leave, before looking back at you. He pulled the blanket over the two of you and put the pillow you were hugging under his head, laying down and relaxing. Diluc closed his eyes and allowed himself to rest, the weight of you laying down on top of him calming in a way. He slowly drifted off into a peaceful dreamless sleep, finally content for the first time in what seemed like years.