Xiao x Adeptus reader

Hey guys, this request was from @Phoenix_Ikki. There are slight spoilers for the Perilous Trail Archon Quest ahead. Hope you guys enjoy!

Xiao had been through so much pain in his lifetime, losing everything and everyone close to him over and over again. His Karmic Debt was constantly eating away at him, slowly making him more and more aggressive toward others. There were plenty of times he wished he could go back in time and see his friends and family. However, he knew that he couldn't, and didn't bother trying to find the Adepti that had never been found. He knew what happened to Bosacius, but he didn't have a clue about what happened to you, Rex Lapis' only daughter. You had disappeared during the Cataclysm, and never returned to Liyue after that. Xiao had assumed that you'd been killed, and left it at that. He had been on the verge of telling you about his feelings for you, but he neglected to do so before the two of you went out into the battlefield. That was the decision he regretted most of all.

You walked up the path to Mount Aozang, looking around for any sign of your friends and family. You missed the Adepti, and you missed your father. You missed the Yakshas, and you missed Xiao. He'd been so close to telling you something before you had been dragged into the Abyss. You'd been stuck there for the past five hundred years, constantly trying to get out and get back home to Liyue. The opportunity presented itself when you saw a portal that led out. You ran through it and breathed a sigh of relief at the sight before you. You recognized The Chasm very well, but where were the Rifthounds and Riftwolves? Why was it so... quiet? You shook your head, and started walking in the direction of Jueyun Karst, hoping to at least find the other Adepti there. Your Adepti Art was being able to purify evil, and to heal people. When you got to Mount Aozang, you saw the familiar Adepti Sigil over the entrance of the cave you knew all too well. A small smile made its way into your face, as you walked to the table in the middle of the large pond before you. You saw the seat that was labeled "Rex", and the one labeled "Retainer" as well. You looked at the third seat, and knelt down before gently tracing over the letters that spelt the name "Guizhong" on the smooth stone. You stood back up and kept walking, going to the domain in the cave and knocking on it firmly. After a minute or two, the doors to the domain opened, and you walked inside. You looked around. "This place hasn't changed one bit since I saw you last, Cloud Retainer." You voiced, watching as the Adeptus landed behind you. "One has been awaiting your return, (Y/N). Where have you been?" She asked. "Oh, yeah, sorry I've been stuck in the Abyss for the past... how long have I been gone?" You asked. "It has been five hundred years since you last set foot in Liyue. One shall tell you of the most recent events, and get you up to speed pertaining to this era's happenings." She iterated. You sat down in front of her, waiting for her to start speaking.

The moment you set foot in Liyue, Xiao felt it. He felt your presence, which he thought he'd never sense again. He held his hand up and spoke, looking at Aether and Paimon. "I have to go, something's come up, and it can't wait until later." He said quickly, teleporting to the entrance of your abode. He sat down and made himself comfortable, getting the feeling that he'd be there for a while.

It was well after dark when you finally decided to go to your abode, to see what, if anything, had changed. When you got there, you were surprised to see Xiao sitting beside the entrance, his eyes closed as he rested. You rushed forward, arms open, and hugged him tightly. You were going to look for him after chatting with Cloud Retainer, but you'd stayed there so late, and you didn't know if he was even alive at this point. Xiao's eyes snapped open, and he looked over at you. He felt your arms around him, and slowly lifted his own to hug you back. You were the only one he'd allow to do this. You looked at him and immediately sensed the large amount of Karma he'd accumulated over the years you'd been absent. You lifted your hands to his upper back, and used your ability to get rid of some of the Karma that was there. You were still recovering from your time in the Abyss, and your powers were much weaker than they were before, but you wanted to help him. You pulled away slightly, but we're surprised when Xiao held onto you tighter than before. "It's been a while, Xiao. Where is my father? Where is everyone else?" You asked. "The others, they..." he trailed off, looking to the side. You didn't need him to finish to know what he meant. "I'm sorry I disappeared like that. I was stuck in the Abyss for five centuries. I finally got out, but now..." you shook your head, burying your face in his neck. "There was something I wanted to tell you before we parted ways that day." Xiao mumbled, pulling back to look at you. You were perplexed, but when you saw the red that now decorated his cheeks, you had a small inkling as to what he was going to say. "Go on then, I'm all ears." You prompted. He pulled away and looked up at you, his face red as he spoke. "I... I know I'm not the easiest person to put up with, and that I don't talk much, but you've always been there for me. You're the only one who genuinely cares about me, and... I love you, (Y/N). I've been in love with you for so long, but I kept pushing back against telling you, because I was so worried that you'd never speak to me again. But after that war five hundred years ago, I can't keep it to myself anymore. I don't know how you feel, but I do know that I-" He felt your hands cup his face, and looked up at you yet again. You rested your forehead against his, your gaze locking with his. You slowly leaned in, before gently pressing your lips against his, kissing him. Xiao was surprised at first, but slowly relaxed, kissing you back as his eyes slipped closed as well. After a minute, you pulled away, hugging him tightly. "I feel the same way." You whispered, resting your head on his shoulder. "I love you, Xiao, and I always will." You voiced, hugging him tightly as you reached up and ran your fingers through his hair. After spending a few minutes like that, you pulled away from him and spoke again. "May I ask what happened to my father? Is he still alive?" You asked. Xiao nodded, before looking up at you. You breathed a sigh of relief, burying your face in his soft hair. You then got up and picked him up with your tail, carrying him into your abode. "Hey, what are you-?! Put me down!" Xiao demanded, but it was of no use. You carried him to your room and collapsed onto the bed, pulling him close to you as he huffed softly. You continued running your fingers through his hair, letting him rest on top of you as you laid back against the pillows. "For someone so obstinate about physical touch, you sure do seem to be enjoying this, Xiao." You teased, causing him to bury his face in your neck and grumble something about respect. You hummed softly as he started to drift off to sleep. After a few minutes, you noticed that his breathing had slowed, and that he was limp against you. You gently lifted him off of you and giggled quietly when you saw that he'd fallen asleep. You laid him back down against your chest and stayed there, drifting off yourself soon after.