Ch 10 - Charlotte

It took Danny a week to get over the flu. I wasn't so lucky. I never full recovered, to the point that Grandpa started cutting classes. In those two weeks, Zane moved out of our house and in with his friend. Dad installed locks on the inside of my window for some odd reason, and insisted I keep them locked at all times.

On Christmas, a handful of weeks after we got the flu, I realized that something was wrong with me. I was standing in the kitchen at the sink, filling the kettle with water so I could make some hot tea to settle my stomach when I got the urge to vomit. It was so sudden, that I just bent over the sink and let it go. Grandpa walked in while I was struggling to catch my breath mid-barf, and he uttered a curse before rushing to help me. He held my hair and rubbed my back until it was done. While I rinsed my mouth, he cleaned the sink out.

"Sorry, Grandpa. I couldn't hold it back." I whispered hoarsely. He pulled me in for a hug, and I felt him stiffen against me.

"Charlie." He started softly, pulling away to gently rest his hand against my belly. It wasn't as flat as it had been nearly a month and a half ago. I'd chalked it up to my random cravings and not working out like I had been. "Are you-"

"That's crazy, Grandpa." I assured him as I pulled away from him. "I would know-"

"When was your last period?" He pressed, crossing his arms over his chest. The look on my face when I realized that I hadn't had a period since my birthday told him everything he needed to know. "Who was it?"

"Grandpa-"

"If you want me to keep quiet, I want to know who knocked up my little girl." I rolled my eyes at the tone in his voice. "Charlie-"

"Grandpa, please. I'm sure that's not even the case here-"

"We'll see." He waited until I'd made my cup of tea before he took it into the dining room for me. I had no choice but to follow. I'd been hiding in the kitchen like I did every time we had family dinners now because Zane and Olivia were very hard to look at across the table. And Zane spent a lot of time glaring at me and grilling me with questions.

"Thanks, Grandpa." I whispered when he set my cup of tea beside my plate as I took my seat.

"Anything for you, kid." He pressed a kiss to the top of my head before taking his place at the head of the table. "Now that we're all here, let's eat."

I did my best to avoid looking at Zane and Olivia, but it was so hard. He always filled her plate for her, knowing what smells bothered her. He would refill her cup with water, would help her up and into the bathroom. But the whole time he would stare at me, question me. A few times, he'd managed to catch me alone. Those times, I was ashamed to say that we didn't speak much. It always ended with me filled with cum and a deep ache in my chest. Just thinking about it now brought tears to my eyes. Being with someone for awhile and then going no contact had been heard enough without all the complications.

"Are you ok, Charlie?" I glanced over at Uncle Ben's voice. At his question, everyone stopped talking to look at me.

"I'm ok, Uncle Ben. Just a mild headache." I whispered softly, glaring at my plate as I cut my steak up. I could feel the gaze from across the table, inspecting every inch he could see.

"Charlie hasn't been well since the flu." Mom offered, brushing some hair from my face. "Oh, darling, you're burning up." Her hand felt so cool against my cheek. So Gram hadn't turned the heater up so high; it was just me.

"I'll get my bag." Dad started as he stood to leave, no doubt heading outside to the car.

"I feel fine." I assured everyone when Dad returned with his bag and everyone had stopped eating to watch him check my temperature. "Honest."