THE CHANCE

After 6 longs hours which were seem like decades to malhotras and urvashi, doctor came out and blessed them with good news.

"mr.malhotra is all right for now. His head injuries are deep so they will take some time to heal. Mr.malhotra it is a case of suicide, the cut he got on his wrist just told us all. He slit his wrist himself so i would suggest you to talk to him and help him to fight with him inner demons. Suicide is a big step after all that could even take his life." Doctor informed them making them a little sad. Mr.and mrs. Malhotra both look at nandini and she looked down.

"Suicide, how can that be? Manik is a strong and dominating man. He can't do that, he love to possess things he like and can do anything to make them his. Suicide is so far fetched in his case. Should we involve police?" Urvashi remarked unbelievably making everybody signed knowing she is saying nothing but truth.

"No miss police case won't be involved in this matter because patient is carried over here by his parents moreover it was patient who tried to kill himself so it's not police case but yeah it's my suggestion for you all to talk to him and give him anything he needed." Saying this doctor just take his leave and all of them got settled on the vacant bench nearby.

Soon a nurse came out of the room and told them, the patient is calling them inside. Mr. And mrs.malhotra didn't wait to barge inside and nandini gave them a little privacy to meet their son. Urvashi went inside with them to see how's manik is. They entered and saw manik who was laying with bandaged head. His hands were also bandaged and mrs.malhotra couldn't help herself but cried looking at her only son on hospital bed. Manik slowly slowly open his eyes and see his mother with swollen eyes, his eyes got swollen because of constant consumption of beer and body being in water for a long time.

Mrs.malhotra touched his cheek with tears and he hissed,"you could've just told us. I would've put all my power to bring her in your life but you just try to snatch my most precious thing from me. You try to separate a mother from her son. How could you manik?"
Mrs.malhotra just broke down badly in tears because of him. He try to touch her but couldn't because of extreme pain in his arms and even bandages were there, trapping him.

"Mom i want her in my life. I want to see if she really don't care if i die. I knew that she wasn't taking my words seriously that's why i had to check. I didn't felt broken and tried suicide before mom but now i am feeling really broken. She must have got the news of my accident yet she didn't cared, she didn't come to see if i am alive or not." Manik closed his eyes feeling really devastated. His test on her and staking his life to check her was really worth, does she really worth his unexplainable yet extreme love.

"Shut up manik, first of all there was no way to check someone if they do love you or not and about nandini, she has been here for more than 7 hours. That girl was shedding tears continuously and never stopped praying for you. If this crazy thing was your test then she has passed it with flying colours." Mr.malhotra yelled on his sad son and manik face got the sudden shine back. Urvashi was shocked to hear the father and son. Manik and nandini, really but didn't manik just seen her before 5 days. What the fuck is happening, she thought.

"Really dad, she is here then why she didn't came to see me. Don't she know why am i here?" Manik asked in low, extremely weak tone.

"I don't know about all that. All i know is you are a paranoid man. Who does all that just to take a test, if you would die, would you be able to return me and my wife our son back. Your mother has been crying for hours. She was ready to get unconscious, you bastard, do you know how it feels to see your kid laying half dead infront of you? My wife has been suffering and crying because of you. Once you will come back to your health, i promise i will myself beat the shit out of you for troubling my beautiful wife." Mr.malhotra said with gritted teeth and manik laughed. Then his eyes went to his mother, who was sitting there crying still.

Manik open his palm asking her hand and she gently place her hand in his. He slowly bring it near his lips and kiss her palm,"I love you mom. I am really sorry for troubling you. I won't do that again." Manik said in meek tone and mrs.malhotra just broke down and cried keeping her face on Manik's chest. Manik keep his hand on his mother's hair.

"Gayatri, we must leave. Nandini is waiting outside for a long time. We should let her meet him now." mr.malhotra said and urvashi look at him with sharp eyes. No one noticed urvashi. Mrs.malhotra just nodded and hold urvashi hand and went out. Though urvashi doesn't want to leave, still she had to leave.

As soon the room was empty, manik could see nandini on doorstep. She was looking down while taking slow steps inside the room. Manik smiled looking at his girl totally broken, she was broken yet he was satiafied because she cared for him. It does matters to her if he live or dies. As soon she reach near him, he could see her face clearly. Her milky fair skin seem red and tomato red cheeks were looking very adorable to him. Her eyes were swollen, blood yet and teary.

"Nandini baby, sit with me." Manik slowly cooed and a sudden sob erupted from her lips making his heart clenched, after all he was the reason solely behind her this state. Nandini slowly sat on the nearer stool to his bed.

"You did this, how could you do this to your family? Do you know how we've been coping up? Do you know what all of us felt watching you half dead? If you don't have regards for yourself but at least you could've think about your family." Nandini growled angrily once her eyes meet with his soft once. She couldn't stop herself from yelling and at last fall on his chest, crying devastatingly.

Manik slowly keep his uninjured hand in her hairs and heard her sobbing," I told you either give me a chance or watch me dieing. You said you don't care if i live or die so i tried my luck and see you're here with me."  He said slowly and nandini raised her head from his chest.

"I am so sorry manik, i wasn't aware of your extra courageous personality. How would i know, we just met 5 days ago. I thought you were just boasting. I never knew that you will go through with your words." Nandini cried and again kept her face on his chest.

"Nandini, i don't want to hear anything now. Just tell me what i want to hear. Just say that you're giving us a chance, i promise you baby. I will make you the happiest woman of the world." Manik demanded and nandini look at him.

"Yes mr.manik malhotra i am ready to give us a chance. I thought love doesn't exist but you made me experience a whole new thing about love. Please don't ever break my trust." Nandini said and manik hold her hand ever so tightly. Manik kissed her knuckles making her close her eyes. She forward her face towards his and he just pecked her forehead making her cry more.

"Nandini if you wouldn't be there when i opened my eyes then this time i wouldn't just try but kill myself for real. After watching you, my heart felt you're the one for me. I want to snatch you from the world and hide you in my arms, you're born just for me." Manik said playing with her hairs and nandini look at him with shocked expressions.

"Manik don't talk like that. You've already made me scared enough. Don't utter words like dieing, killing. They're scaring me. I am here with you and that should be enough for you." Nandini said and manik smiled and let her be there for sometime before slepping. Doctor give him 1 month time to get better. Nandini take the responsibilities of his everything and his family was so happy to know that nandini has finally given him a chance.

******"

That's it for the update.