ch 3

Richie set off from Stan's house and made his way out of the neighborhood with Eddie. To his surprise, Eddie lived close to him. He knew who he'd be running to for help from now on.

Eddie noticed how fidgety Richie was once they got closer to their homes. He noticed how Richie was much quieter, and his hands were a shaky mess.

Eddie grabbed the boy's hands and looked him in the eyes, stopping his slow walking.

Richie looked back at him after flinching at the sudden touch. He rose an eyebrow.

"Y-yes, Eds?" Richie wanted to punch himself for stuttering like a bitch.

"Your hands are incredibly shaky, and you seem kinda distressed. All good?"

Richie paused. He only smiled back at the concerned boy that he towered over.

"All good!" he said, trying to sound cheerful.

Eddie nodded slowly after a minute of concerned staring.

"Um, my mom's not gonna be home until tomorrow, so would you like to come over?" Eddie spoke up, thinking that would do it.

Richie's face lit up.

"Damn it, I was hoping I'd get to see your mother there!" Eddie slapped his arm.

"Ew! That's gross!" he chuckled and Richie smiled brightly.

"I'd love to come, I'm following you there," Richie said, and Eddie laughed and nodded.

"Alright then."

The mood was much brighter now that Richie knew he had another day before going back into his toxic household.

Richie walked into the much cleaner house and looked around.

"Uhh, just make yourself at home I guess," Eddie said, before running upstairs for a minute or two.

"Tch, 'home.' Making myself at 'home' wouldn't exactly be a good thing," Richie said to himself, chuckling a bit.

Eddie soon came back down the stairs and walked back over to Richie.

"Mkay, let's go," he said, grabbing his boy's wrist.

"You know you don't have to drag me everywhere Eds, I know you're in love with me and all, but I can walk by myself, love," Richie said, and Eddie turned.

He punched the taller boy in the stomach, and Richie blew out, knees buckling as he fell to the ground in pain.

Eddie's eyes widened and he met Richie on the ground.

"Shit I'm sorry, what the fuck happened?!" Eddie said, holding onto Richie.

Richie shook his head and blew out. He sucked in a sharp breath and squeezed his eyes shut, clenching his stomach.

"No I'm all good," he breathed out. His stomach was incredibly sore, and still held a giant, swollen bruise where Eddie had punched. He felt weak.

"No the fuck you're not, what happened?" Eddie asked. He could tell that something was off about his new friend.

"I'm fine, Eds, thanks. You punch hard, cutie," he said, rubbing the top of Eddie's head.

Eddie blushed and scoffed.

"I didn't even punch you hard!"

Richie got to his feet with the unnecessary help of Eddie, and he sighed.

"Off to your room we go!" he chanted, and Eddie furrowed his eyebrows.

Richie marched up the stairs and Eddie quickly scurried after him.