ch 4

"Hey, uh, Eds..?" Richie said after an hour had passed and it was about time to leave.

"Eddie. And yeah?"

Richie just paused. He knew he'd probably have to return to Eddie's after going back home, for he knew the worst was yet to come.

"Never mind, just when do you normally go to sleep?" Richie asked hopefully.

"Well, I get sent to bad at 9:30, but I usually just stay up, why?"

Richie shook his head.

"Mmh, nothing, just wondering what time I can visit your mother tonight," Richie said, winking.

Eddie blushed slightly and smacked his shoulder.

"You idiot! That's disgusting!" he exclaimed.

Richie just shrugged and chuckled. "You're gonna have to get used to it, spaghetti man."

"Oh hell no, that nickname is even worse!"

Richie laughed and kissed the back of the smaller boy's hand.

"See ya later, alligator," Richie spoke slyly, and Eddie blushed and rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." He closed the door behind Richie and sighed, smiling to himself as his face turned a bright pink.

Talk about love at first sight.

Richie made it home and paused in front of the door. He sure as hell was not ready to go back.

He opened the door and sighed, quietly closing it behind him as he stood there frozen. He feared seeing his father, and decided to make a run for it to his room.

Richie set off lightly, entering his room and closing the door as quiet as possible, despite the creaking. He sighed and leaned against it.

'Dad should be going off to work soon, I'll be alright," he told himself and made his way to his table.

He grabbed out a pack of cigarettes from the top drawer and a lighter, and made his way to his window. He opened it and sat on his window sill, legs dangling out in the open. He stared at the clouds, and thought. Thought about his new friends. Thought about Eddie.

He recalled all of his astounding features and his elegantly soft voice. Just the thought of this boy made Richie's heart flutter and his mood became much better. Richie didn't know how it was possible to fall in love the second you met someone, but this boy was too pretty to not fall in love with. He cursed himself out for not getting his number, but figured he'd get it the next time he was to see his face.

Richie watched as his father's car drove off, and he sighed, placing the cigarette stick in between his lips before sucking up the deathly smoke. He wondered how Eddie would react to such manner.

Richie then thought of Beverly. He knew her the same amount of time as he knew that Eddie boy, and already loved her. In a friendly manner, of course. He knew she'd be a great friend by the way she helped Richie with his situation. He knew she could be the one to tell.

Tell about his problems. Tell about Eddie. Tell about his smoking and alcohol addiction. How he grew up with alcohol his entire life and decided it would help if he drank it too. Maybe even tell about his parents. That one was difficult. He couldn't even tell Eddie. Bev must be special.

He sat in his windowsill for about an hour, before noticing someone walking. He squinted his eyes as if that would help, but it didn't. As the figure got closer, he could finally make out the mysterious person.

It was Bill.

Richie smiled and burned out what was left of his cigarette and jumped from his window. He landed unsteadily on his feet and made his way over to the boy.