It's Shu's fault!

(Grayvere  this comment literally is the backbone of this whole stupid fic

(Grayvere this comment literally is the backbone of this whole stupid fic. i loved it. thank u sm for ur service. u made my last fic 12910893204823904 times better w it. )

In which Shu is blamed for his friends' stupidity. Three times.

Finally not a romance fic I'M SORRY.

(I don't rlly care much for Shu but this is for Inky_Kuro bc she's probably the nicest, most chill Shu stan I've ever met- some of y'all be wild asf- and i wanna feed her real good)

-

The first time it happens, Shu is simply sharing his thoughts on what Valt could give his mum for her birthday.

"You sure?" Valt blinks up at Shu curiously, pausing in the middle of the street to think about what he had just said. "Something as simple as that would be okay?"

Shu nods, absolutely sure of himself. "Your mum's a baker, Valt. Surely she, of all people, would appreciate a homemade treat for her birthday. Especially something made with lots and lots of love."

Valt considers, glued to the pavement, and Shu has to gently tug him to the side to get him out of everyone else's way. Valt strokes his chin almost comically, deep in thought, and Shu smiles softly; Valt is so unapologetically himself all the time, and Shu decides that it's favourite thing about him.

"Yeah, man, you're right!" He starts to bounce with excitement, eyes lighting up in that way only his eyes seem to do.

"I'll come over and help you a little-"

"Nah dude, I totally got this!"

As it turns out, days later, when Valt's showing the rest of the group the burn mark on his finger, he did not, in fact, 'got this'- it's quite the opposite, actually, both to Shu's horror and (slight) amusement.

"And it's all Shu's fault!" Valt yells accusingly, pointing his injured finger directly into Shu's face. "Now I can't play beyblade for a week!"

Shu blinks, once, twice, whilst he fully comprehends what Valt had just said to him.

"You- what- how- I never- what?" He sputters, brows knitting together with confusion. "What did I do?"

"You never told me that blue fire is hot! I thought it was cold!"

Rantaro bursts out laughing, and Shu sees Daigo make a physical effort not to smile. Ken's covering his mouth with Besu, and Wakiya's lip curls in something that can only be described as utter disgust at Valt's sheer stupidity.

"Valt," Shu begins slowly, fighting the smile that threatens to creep onto his face. "Don't tell me that you burnt your finger because you put it straight into the oven flame."