Prepared with care | 1K special

1k reads on a fic for a fandom this dead? So strange, but I'm grateful haha.

To celebrate I'll get off my lazy ass and post something <3

I've been in my xreader era lately, so here's an aged-up! Shu x reader [fem, sorry not sorry] and if y'all think that's cringe then don't read it bc I don't care :)

-

It's been a pleasant day so far. The sun's been out, the sky is nice and blue, and there's a lovely, cool breeze that occasionally drifts in through the open window's of your and Shu's shared apartment.

Of course, it had to be on this particular day that your boyfriend is working full time, leaving you to sit around on your day off doing absolutely nothing.

You'd started your day trying to be productive; you'd thoroughly cleaned the apartment and watered your excessive house plants, blasting Shu's Spotify playlist to trick your mind into thinking that he was right there with you.

Which you'd then turned off shortly after, the racket giving you and everyone else in the apartment block a headache, and gone to have a nice, refreshing shower instead.

You sigh, throwing yourself onto your worn-out sofa (you've told Valt many times that sofas aren't for jumping on, but he never listens), hair still damp from your shower, dressed in nothing but your underwear and a bathrobe. You idly pick up the tv remote, flicking through channel after channel before finally settling on watching a typical sitcom (Brooklyn Nine-nine is a wonderful source of background noise, you find.)

You nap through half a season of the show before jolting awake as the characters on screen start yelling at each other, wiping the drool away from your face with a sleeve and grimacing at the pain in your neck from sleeping funny. 

You reach for you phone on the coffee table- you've got one unread message, and are delighted when you sees it's from Shu.

...Telling you that he won't be home until late and not to worry about dinner, and that he'll prepare something when he arrives.

And that's when it hits you.

Between the two of you, Shu is the one who cooks, whilst you are the one who cleans. You have never been particularly skilled in the kitchen, whilst Shu is an incredible chef and he's in charge of meals.

If he's going to be late, you can make him dinner for once. And if you're going to do it, you may as well go all out.

You make up your mind to do it, running to your shared bedroom to change into your pyjamas, drying off your hair with a quick blow from your hairdryer.

You stroll back to the kitchen, all confident, before opening the fridge and realising that you doesn't know what to make. Or how to make it. Or what to use. And also, what's that weird brown paper bag stashed away in the back of the fridge?

You take it out curiously and open it. There's a lump of something black sitting at the bottom, and you reach a finger in to touch it when you feel something fuzzy and screech, recoiling your fingers and throwing the bag onto the countertop and away from you.

You figure that whatever was in there is long out of date, so you open the bin and throw the bag in without a second thought.

Anyways, you think to yourself. Let's get back on track.

You pull out the milk and eggs, slightly altering your game plan. Dinner is definitely a no- so why not make something for dessert? You've seen people bake on tv, and it definitely seems a lot less complicated than regular cooking- a lot less pressure, too.