1 - GARGOYLE

A/N: I lied about waiting until tomorrow. I got excited. Anyway day 2 and 3 will be posted tomorrow! Have a good day/night!

Being in the cathedral felt like a dream. The afternoon sunlight made colorful ripples as it passed through the stained glass to the marble floor.

This cathedral had been recently discovered in the middle of a forest, overgrown and deserted. Some of the internal things like benches, chairs, and a few windows had been destroyed. Three clawed marks had been found on most destroyed things leading the archeologists to assume animals had taken it over for some time.

You were a new architect major, straight out of college. Your professor had gotten you access as part of the team helping to figure out the story of this place.

That led you here. To the middle of some forest in an abandoned cathedral. Everything was made of marble or polished granite. From the floors to the gargoyles, looming by the roof both inside and out.

They looked rather demonic as most old ones do. With stone wings and creepy faces and hideous smiles. It would've unnerved you more if you hadn't spent a better part of four years studying similar architecture. Instead, you just brushed off the uncomfortable feeling of being watched and did your job, finding out what building techniques were used to construct such a beautiful building.

-------

"Hey Y/N? Can you come take a look at this?" One of the archeologists on the team, Brandon, was often calling you to make sure areas like the basement were sound enough to explore so you assumed they'd found another room that needed looking at.

What you weren’t expecting was to find one of the roof gargoyles on the ground perfectly unharmed. It was in the same position as before just by the entrance instead of on the roof.

"That's weird. They don't normally do that. And if they do, they break." You said, eyeing the statue carefully.

"I know that! How do you think it survived the fall from the roof? I certainly didn't hear anything." Brandon asked. You turned to him and wiggled your fingers with a grin.

"Magic."

-------

You woke up on the floor of the cathedral. Looking around it was dark out and thin slivers of moonlight shone through the windows. Brushing yourself off, you started looking for your phone. You found it on the ground a few feet away when it lit up with a text.

Brandon
-Did you ever leave the site?
-I forgot something so I'm heading back
-I can give you a ride

You sighed and walked outside to wait for him only to pause. The gargoyle was moved again. This time it was by the front windows of the cathedral staring in. Like it had been watching you.

You shivered at the thought, trying to rationalize it as someone playing a trick on you. You dozed off while waiting only to jerk when headlights hit you as Brandon's truck pulled up.

"Where's the gargoyle?" He asked. Looking around as he stepped out of his truck.

"Isn't it right-" You turned to where you'd seen it last. It was gone again. Now you were searching as well, eyes to the rooftop as you looked. Finally you located it.

"Brandon-!" It was too late. The beast fell from the tree tops, crushing Brandon under its feet. You back up with a shriek, watching in horror as Brandon died. However true fear settled in your heart when it moved.

The head turned to stare as you as it stood, hands outstretched showing off three claw tipped fingers. You backed up and it followed but the second you entered the cathedral it stopped, standing in front of the door. You quickly realized it had you right where it wanted you. In an enclosed space with no escape.