8 - MATCH

A/N: I'm catching up slowly but it's happening!

You pretended you didn’t notice. As you sat at the bar with your coworkers you really tried to. But it was hard to pretend not to feel the eyes on your back from your usual bartender who looked just a bit different.

It wasn’t something too noticeable, but you still spotted it. The mole on his left cheek was gone and now on his right cheek. By the time you noticed all your friends were too buzzed to care, while you were stuck playing designated driver.

It was a small thing but noticeable. Like someone was trying to look like him but was off by a bit. It wasn't a match.

"Can I get you a drink, Y/N?" He asked. You shook your head. If it was really Cole he would've known it was your night to be designated driver and not offered a drink

Something was definitely off. Something was wrong here. You just weren't sure what.

-------

The road was quiet and pretty much empty. You'd already dropped off your friends and picked up some instant ramen while getting gas. Finally you were on your way home.

Turning off the main road you pulled onto a small side street that led to your apartment building. You did note the car white behind you.

As you reached the parking lot it drove past, settling your nerves a bit. At least it wasn't following you.

The elevator was still out of order, no surprise there, so you took the stairs. However as you reached your floor you felt off.

Reaching for your keys you let out a small shriek as the door opened and you were pulled inside.

"Welcome home. Now, sit. I think we need to talk." It was Cole. Or whoever was pretending to be Cole. You glared at him but a quick flash of the knife he held had you obeying.

"Who are you?" You asked. He smiled.

"I'm Cole the bartender. Who else would I be?" You shook your head.

"No you aren't. I don't know who you are but you aren't Cole." A smirk spread across his face and he laughed.

"Why aren't you an observant one? What gave it away, hmm? Was I not sickeningly nice enough?"

"The mole is on the wrong side. And you offered me a drink. Cole knows Fridays are my designated driver days." He laughed again. It was a deep and chilling laugh.

"Well, you got me. Too bad no one else will ever know. Besides, it's not like Cole's completely gone. I'm still here after all." He pointed the knife at you.

"Now if you know what's good for you, you'll come with me and you'll keep your pretty mouth shut. Just because I'm the reflection of someone you knew doesn't mean you're allowed to be a brat. So stay quiet and everything will be okay…"