2 - SCURRY

You could hear something below you scurrying in the dark. Your eyes had adjusted long ago but even that hadn't helped much. This level of darkness wasn't something you were used to.

Your backpack was gone, likely somewhere on the ground beneath you. In it was your flashlight which would've been useful as well as your phone, not that there was any service underground in a creepy cave.

You'd ended up here after your friend group had dragged you hiking. They'd always talked about how being in the sunlight was amazing and about how great of a time you'd have.

That amazing time never came. Instead, it started pouring. The second it had started to rain you were out, protesting against them wanting to continue. So you made your way back towards your car when it started pouring so you took shelter in a nearby cave.

The further you'd gone into the cave the closer you were to a giant hole in the rock floor. One you didn't notice until you'd slipped on some water and found yourself falling.

While you'd been caught by something springy and sticky your bag had slipped to the floor. Something was down there. That was a fact. You heard it come investigate before leaving again when you fell.

Now you were stuck, waiting for it to either let you go or to end everything.

-------

When you woke up everything was swaying. The sticky thing that caught you was moving as if something were crawling across it, making its way to you. You weren’t sure how long you'd been asleep or how you fell asleep at all, but staring up at a dark moving blob made you wish you hadn't.

You squirmed as it came closer, finally realizing your situation. You were trapped in a freakishly big spiderweb as whatever it was that created it stalked closer.

You flinched when a human hand rubbed your cheek, before pulling you free. You were pulled into a hug, resting gently in the person's arms.

"Who are you? What are you?" You asked, freezing as you felt a spider leg where a human one should've been if they were human.

"My name is Jorgrurog, darling. I am a spider god, one of the old ones of this forest." His voice came out in a terrifying purr.

"I don't understand? Old ones? Spider god?" Jorgrurog just smiled and patted your head.

"It is alright dear one. I'll have more than enough time to explain over the eternity we shall spend together. Just you and me for the rest of time.