6 - BOUQUET

Your small flower shop wasn't anything super special on the outside. To you, however, the small shop meant everything. It had been in your family for ages. Even your mother who had inherited the shop wasn’t entirely sure of its origins.

However flowers you hadn’t ordered had been showing up recently. Usually they were in handmade clay pots on your doorstep. It was rather sweet however some of the recent plants were really rare.

While it brought a lot of attention to your small store as adventurers came from far and wide to see what you had in stock, you wondered about your secret doner. However, one day, no plants were delivered. With requests piling up for some rarer plants that grew far and deep in the forest you decided to locate some of the plants you needed.

-------

The forest was dark even in the middle of the day. You moved quickly and quietly, recalling your childhood days playing in the forest. The first plant you needed was found relatively easily. The small glowing flower bulbs stood out against the leaf covered forest floor.

It was strange seeing as people usually had to dig for them. Yet here they were, just laying there as if waiting for you. You carefully picked one up, inspecting it closely. It appeared fine, as did the rest, so you started filling your basket.

However another glint farther off caught your attention. Approaching you saw a small grove of another plant you needed. You carefully dug a few up from the roots and placed them in a prepared clay pot in your basket. You had enough to satisfy your customers for a while.

-------

You had run out of ingredients again. However, as you locked your door to return to the forest you nearly tripped over a small bouquet. Picking it up revealed it to be some of the rarest flowers known to man. They were tied together with a piece of grass and a leaf had the words: ‘for my dearest Y/N’ on it.

You took a minute to put the bouquet in some water before heading out again. You hadn’t even gone as far as you did the first time when you spotted it. A singular diamond lily. One diamond lily could leave you set for life. You slowly started to dig out its roots when all the buds left on it suddenly bloomed, releasing showers of spores.

As the spores landed on your hands they went numb as your entire body started to lose feeling. That wasn’t something diamond lilies did. It could take years for a single bud to bloom so why…? You were sleepy. So sleepy…

-------

"Rise and shine!" You jolted awake in an unfamiliar location. Looking around you were in your bedroom on top of the flower shop with an unfamiliar man standing over you.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the flowers. You looked so happy whenever you saw them! However, now that you're here I can make you as many flowers as you want!"

"What?" You tried to sit up as your head spun. What had happened?

"Don't exert yourself too much, lovely. Those spores took you out for a good while, but don't worry! I've been taking great care of the shop for you! It's much easier when you can grow anything with a snap of your fingers!"

"Who are you?" You asked, the man just smiled.

"I am your true love. That is all you need to know for now."