26 - EGO

A/N: Platonic yandere again!

"Only the best for me." Was the demand the war god made to your village. So everyone sacrificed their best to him. For you that meant watching as your beloved toy bear was burned at his alter. Your parents had demanded it of you and somewhere in your child mind you sort of  understood why, but that didn't make it any less of a loss.

What you didn’t expect was to find your little bear back on your bed at home. Instantly the tears faded from your face and you laughed, hugging the toy close.

----------------

"The mighty war god demands a sacrifice!" Your town priest shouted. You were sitting in the back, holding your bear close. Your stepmother instantly stood up with a smile.

"Our little Y/N is sure to appease him." She said. Murmurs filled the hall as you started to panic, shaking your head.

"But I don't want to-!" She grabbed your arm, dragging you before the priest.

"Alright then. We shall prepare the child." With a wave of his hand you were dragged off into the depths of the temple.

----------------

Your bear had been taken somewhere along the way. Now it was time for you to die.

You cried as they tied you to the table, preparing the knife. It was only once the chant began and the priest was over you, about to end it when everything stopped.

The priest fell down, a sword through his abdomen. The others in the room gasped, backing away.

"When I said I wanted only the best I meant the best unharmed." A voice hissed. The ropes holding you fell away and you were lifted into strong arms.

Looking up at your savior he smiled down at you and placed a familiar bear toy into your arms.

"Some things shouldn't be seem by such a young child, even if you are my child. Hah, mine. I really fo have the best of everything." He placed a finger on your forehead and sleep instantly ebbed at your vision.

"My sisters always said I had a big ego," he started, staring at the other priests who had just attempted to sacrifice you. "But however big my ego may be, my anger towards this disgusting mortal town is a million times bigger."