Chapter three

"Grandpa!" I shouted running from my sister's room. 

I threw open his door and found him fast asleep in his bed his wheelchair parked next to him. I've never been in my grandpa's room before and any other day I would have been fascinated by all the old maps and creepy ancient paintings, but I wasn't paying any attention to the walls. I began shaking my grandpa awake, yelling in his ear that he needed to get up. My grandpa sat up and rubbed his eyes with his hand, he then looked over at the clock on his nightstand.

"Bailey what are you doing in here you know you're not allowed in my room!" he said angrily then he noticed how upset I was.

"What's the matter?"

I was starting to have an asthma attack and fell down onto the ground. It fetl like a giant hand was grasping my lungs and refusing to let me breathe. I began feeling dizzy as I struggled to pull my inhaler out of my pocket. I fumbled it around trying to line it up right before jamming it into my mouth. Once I could breathe again, I quickly picked myself off the floor and told my grandpa everything that happened. I don't think I've ever panicked so hard in my entire life

My grandpa quickly rolled out of the room and left me alone on the floor to see if what I said was true. I couldn't breathe my lungs felt like they were collapsing, it felt like I had run up a thousand flights of stairs in two minutes. I coughed and coughed shoving my inhaler in my mouth then sat up and started breathing deeply. I ran back to Brandy's room where I found my grandpa parked at the window staring into the night sky.

"Be honest with me Bailey, who kidnapped Brandy?"

"I don't know," I lied.

"What did she look like?"

The fact that my grandpa already knew it was a woman was a little scary, I gulped waiting for him to turn around, but he continued staring at the moon.

"She was tall with white hair."

I couldn't bring myself to say that she was floating in mid-air and glowing blue like a ghost, because she couldn't have been. Ghosts aren't real it was only a person in a strange costume, it had to be.

"Bailey did she have a face?"

I didn't answer right away, so my grandpa asked again.

"Did she have a face?"

"No, I don't think so, although she could have been wearing a mask."

My grandpa sighed.

"There's nothing we can do then might as well go back to sleep."

My grandpa rolled out of my sister's room and back into his own, with a small smile on his face. I stood there in utter shock, there was nothing we could do? Brandy was missing, she was just a little nine-year-old kid she had to be found immediately.

"What do you mean go back to sleep? We have to call the police! We have to look for her! We have to do something!"

I could feel my coughs were about to start but I held it in wanting to hear my grandfather's response.

"There's nothing we can do," he said picking himself up out of his wheelchair and lifting himself into bed.

"I'm calling the police," I said ready to run downstairs.

"Go ahead but they won't find her!"

"Why not?" I could feel anger boiling inside of me, this was no time to play games!

"I would tell you, but you wouldn't believe me so what's the point!" My grandpa complained laying his head on the pillow and pulling the blanket over himself.