Chapter eighteen

I ran down the hall heading straight for the loud cheerful noises, when I came upon a large, locked door. The door was over twenty feet tall and made of solid oak, with silver locks near the golden handles. I stood on my front legs and kicked the door with my hind legs, like a stallion would kick down a barn but it didn't even dent. The music from the party was so loud that not a single guest noticed the sound of a horse trying to kick down a door. I ran around in circles sniffing the ground and neighing, my horse brain was starting to confuse me, and I couldn't think clearly.

Suddenly I heard the music stop and the band began to play the wedding march song I ran to the door and peeked through the keyhole. A huge party had been set up in the middle of a beautiful garden surrounded by cherry trees and a crystal blue river. A long velvet red carpet led up to a bright white gazebo where a young boy dressed in a black suit was standing, the boy was wearing a white mask over his face with two black eye holes, and he held a black umbrella to shade himself from the sun. He looked more suited for a funeral than a wedding.

Dozens of benches were set up in front of the gazebo filled with all sorts of creatures mostly humans and ghosts but there were a few trolls and cat people dressed to the nines. I recognized a group of beautiful women dressed in fancy dresses as some of the witches from Bethany's party. Bambi sat on the end of the bench twiddling a curly branch in her hand, she looked over her shoulder and winked I could have sworn she was winking at me even though it would be impossible for her to see my eye in the keyhole from so far away. 

The band continued to play on their shiny golden instruments and three girls came out onto the carpet they were short and plump with big noses and pointy ears, I figured they must be trolls dressed in bright pink and carrying flowers I assumed they were the bride's maids. The bride's maids walked onto the gazebo, and everyone turned to look over their shoulders. The music changed and was played a little slower and a little louder.

Suddenly I saw my sister she was taller than I remembered, she was dressed in the most beautiful white dress with a huge poofy skirt covered in light pink rose petals. Her dark brown hair was put in a fancy bun and held together with dozens of pearls. She was wearing fancy golden slippers to match the golden trim on her dress. Her shoulders were bare and covered in hundreds of little freckles. Her lips were painted red, and her cheeks were powdered pink. She looked like a woman I couldn't believe my eye.

Brandy walked slowly and gracefully making sure not to trip on her dress's large skirt. She was walking so slow if she went any slower, she would have been going backwards. I could tell she was really upset and about to cry I couldn't even imagine how nervous she must have been. The people in the crowd were starting to get annoyed with her slow walking, they had been waiting all morning to see the wedding and she was only dragging it on. Eventually Brandy had no choice then to step onto the gazebo and take her place next to the masked prince.

Suddenly everyone froze as a chill grew in the air, the ghost queen flew up from the ground materializing right out of the grass. She was just as creepy as the last time I saw her, glowing bright blue with no face and tall hair topped with a golden crown, she was wearing a very fancy gown almost fancier than Brandy's and took her place right next to her son. An angel dressed like a priest came up to the gazebo and stood behind the stand he was holding a little black book and adjusting the spectacles on his nose, then he began to read the vows. The vows were very strange and some of them weren't even in English.

"Do you prince Edward take Brandy to be your princess and rule the kingdom of Luminari at your side for the rest of eternity?" he asked, and the prince nodded.

The priest then read Brandy her vows which were more or less the same, I began freaking out I started to bang the door again, but no one heard me, or they all just ignored me.