Chapter 14

As I pulled into my apartment building after driving around for a bit, I pushed memories of Stephanie away as I got out and snuck into his apartment. It was almost midnight; the apartment was pitch black. I heard footsteps walking down the hall and towards the kitchen. "Matheo?" I called out, and the footsteps stopped. "Andrea, is that you?" He said and I let out a sigh of relief as I shut the door and flicked on the lights. He was standing in the doorway between the kitchen and the hallway. He had on black boxers that hung low on his hips, a pocket in the middle for easy access.

The boxers clung to his thighs; I have slept with this man so many times, but still looking at him like this takes my breath away. His hair was a mess and his eyes were dripping low, like he had just woken up. "Where the hell have you been? I have been calling you for hours! Is this about what I said earlier because if so then-" "Stop!" I said a little to louder than I wanted. He looked surprised that I yelled. "Please, if you're going to kick me out of your life, just don't. Let me explain." "Kick you out of my life? What?" I took a deep breath as I sat my phone on the island.

"When I froze earlier, it wasn't you. I just have a hard time believing you love me. Because no one has before, and it might sound stupid but-" Matheo cut me off by pressing his lips to mine. He backed me up against the door as he dug his fingers into my hair. He pressed his whole body against me and heat polled between my legs. When he pulled away, I was gasping for air and he just cupped my face and forced me to look at him. "Don't you ever scare me like that. I have been calling you for hours. I thought you left." His voice cracked a little at the end.

"Matheo I-" I was interrupted by a little yawn, we turn to see Isabella in the hallway rubbing her eyes. "Daddy? Andrea? What's going on?" "Nothing sweetie, are you okay?" Matheo asked, not moving at all and still caging me in between him and the door with his body. "I had a nightmare," she said, and her soft voice broke my heart. Matheo loosened his grip from my hair and walked over to her, picking her up. "Come on, you can sleep in daddy's bed tonight, okay?" He said, and she nods as she lays her head on her chest. He walked down the hallway and I just stood there, still not breathing.

Was he mad I didn't say I love you back? Was he okay with me not saying it? What did he mean? I scared him? I pulled out my phone, but it was dead. I sighed as I walked down the hallway and into Matheos room. He was lying in the bed with Isabella cuddled up next to him. I plugged in my phone and cuddled up next to him. He smirked. "I have two beautiful girls in my arms." I kissed his cheek, "yes you do." I cuddled into him and laid my head on his chest next to Isabellas. It wasn't long before sleep had taken me. I wake up in the middle of the night sweating. Matheo and Isabella were still sound asleep. I slowly peel myself off of Matheo and hop into the shower.

I come out in a towel and quickly get dressed in the closet; I threw on some shorts and one of Matheos shirts. I know we were gonna half to talk about his confession in the morning, but I didn't have the energy. I crept down to the kitchen to get a glass of water; the curtains were slightly drawn and moonlight lit of the room. I walked over to the window to look at the stars; I saw a car in the parking lot that wasn't mine or Matheos. I could see a shadow of a person in the car, then they turned on their brights and blinded me. I took a step back and put up my hand to block the light.

They didn't move an inch, just kept blinding me. I walked back to Matheos' room and shook him awake. "Andrea, what is it?" He mumbled, still half asleep, "there is someone sitting outside of the apartment with their brights on." I said, and he slowly opened his eyes. "what?" he said more alert but his voice was still dripping with sleep.

"Come here," I said, and he moved Isabella off him and followed me into the kitchen. The room was lit up by the brights, Matheo moved over to the window, he had squinted to make out the shape of the car. When who ever was in the car saw Matheo, they shut off their brights and skid out of the parking lot. "What if it was Ben? Or one of his friends?" I ask and Matheo sighed as he rubbed his eyes a little. He wrapped his arms around me. "Ben is in jail. He doesn't have friends who would do this for him." He said as he kissed the top of my head. "It was probably some junkie. Let's go back to bed." He mumbled as he led me back to his room.