The Big Decision

Time Lapse: Three Days Later 

It has been days since we have gone and left the hospital, but that was only for the others. I stayed at the hospital every single day at night. I slept here waiting for P.I.X.A.L to wake up.

Nobody was here yet they were at the monastery. Dr. Richard walked over to me. 

"Hey Zane, you can go see P.I.X.A.L if you like. Just know that she can hear you, but she will look lifeless. Also, don't mess with the machines because it will mess with her life," the doctor said. 

I hugged the doctor and said,"thank you so much! I haven't seen P.I.X.A.L in three days, thank you for allowing me to." 

The doctor smiled and left. I went inside the emergency room and saw P.I.X.A.L laying lifeless with machines connected to her. I never knew that this would ever happen. 

I took P.I.X.A.L’s hand and kissed it softly. 

"P.I.X.A.L, I know you can hear me. Just know that you are strong and you can fight this. I won't be able to live without you if you leave me…I only have a short time here and I know that you will be back soon. So, I will say this quickly. P.I.X.A.L everyone misses you and they can't live a day without you, as for me a second doesn't go by without me thinking about you. I just want you to know that, I Love You," I said, tears fell from my eyes and some landed on P.I.X.A.L's hand. 

I could see some shiny liquid on P.I.X.A.L's cheeks. Was she crying? I wiped her tears and kissed her on the cheek. I squeezed her hand one last time, but there was no squeeze back. I wiped my tears and left the room. 

I went to the waiting area and saw that the rest had come. I told them what happened and they were surprised that P.I.X.A.L had a reaction. I sat down on my seat and thought about what just happened. 

I saw Dr. Richard walking towards us. 

"Visitors for P.I.X.A.L Borg, may I talk to you in private," the doctor said. 

We all got up and went in front of the emergency room. 

"I would like to inform you all that we can't do anything about P.I.X.A.L anymore. Unfortunately, we couldn't save her, but she is still alive. You guys have a choice to leave the machine and allow her to live, but I'm just letting you know that there is no guarantee that she will survive. Her body could be damaged as she is just laying there. Or you guys can take off the machine and..let her pass out. Your choice. Take as long as you want to discuss," Dr. Richard said. 

He left and we all stared at each other. 

"We are…not..letting her die!" Lloyd said. 

"I agree.." Nya said. 

"I know…P.I.X.A.L will wake up..she is strong," I said, with a shaky voice. 

"But, what choice do we have? She could be damaged just laying there," Jay said. 

"We do *coughs*...have a choice *coughs*...P.I.X.A.L had faith in me and I will *coughs* have faith in her," Cyrus Borg said. 

"All in favor of leaving the machine on P.I.X.A.L raise your hand," Lloyd said. 

Everyone raised their hands, but Jay. He raised his hand at the end when he saw that everyone was raising their hand. We all knew that Jay wasn't cold hearted, he was just thinking logically, but in my opinion it is illogical. 

"So, it is decided we will let P.I.X.A.L survive!" Lloyd said. 

The doctor was walking towards the emergency room and Lloyd stopped him. 

"So, you guys made a decision. It usually takes a long time for others, but ok go on," Dr.Richard said. 

"We have decided that we want the machine on P.I.X.A.L," Master Wu said. 

"I got it, but I just want you guys to know that there is no guarantee that she will survive. She might just rust laying there," the doctor said, turning away and going to the emergency room. 

Though the doctor did say that, we all had hope that P.I.X.A.L will survive. At least some of us did. 

705 words