The Dream

Time Lapse: One Month Later

It has been a whole month and there is no sign of P.I.X.A.L improving. I have started to lose hope. Everyone was in the waiting area and Dr.Richard came to us. 

"I need to talk to the visitors of P.I.X.A.L Borg about something important," he said. 

We all got up and went in front of the emergency room. 

"What is it, doctor?" Wu asked. 

"I just wanted to let you guys know that P.I.X.A.L has not been improving. Do you guys still want her to have the machine?" Dr.Richard asked. 

We all exchanged glances. We all had lost almost all hope. 

"Give us some time to discuss, please," Lloyd said. 

The doctor nodded and left the hallway. 

"So, what do you guys say?" Lloyd asked. 

"As hard as it is, we should take the machine off. The more we let P.I.X.A.L lay there the more she will rust and it would be hard for us to see," Master Wu said. 

"I agree, we should take off the machine," Jay said. 

"Same, we have lost all hope," Kai said. 

"No, I am not letting my gal die!" Nya said. 

It was now 3 versus 1. 

"Nya, think logically we can't see P.I.X.A.L suffer," Cole said. 

"No, I won't let P.I.X.A.L die, I still have hope," Lloyd said. 

It was 4 versus 2. 

"I say we let P.I.X.A.L survive and keep the machine," Cyrus said. 

"I agree," Skylor said. 

4 versus 4. 

It was all up to me now to decide. I had little hope left, but no matter what, I wasn't going to give up on my girlfriend. 

"I say we keep the machine," I said. 

It was decided that we let P.I.X.A.L stay. The doctor acknowledged our decision and went to go help P.I.X.A.L in any way he can. I wish she would survive. It has been one month since I have heard her voice. Her beautiful angelic voice that I was missing. I closed my eyes and sat back. 

I woke up to find clouds all around me. Was I in the sky or in heaven? 

"You are in heaven Zane," I heard a voice from behind me. 

It was P.I.X.A.L! But, she looked odd. She was wearing all white. 

I went to her and hugged her tight. 

"I missed you so much, P.I.X.A.L!" I said. 

"I missed you, too. I have heard all the things that everyone has said to me, but I don't think I can fight it," P.I.X.A.L said. 

"What do you mean you can't fight it?" I asked letting go. 

"I mean, I can't survive. I tried my best to fight it, but no luck. I want you to make the big decision and let the machine go or else my body would rust laying there, please," P.I.X.A.L said. 

"No…no…I can't let that happen. I…can't live without you. Please..fight it..fight it..P.I.X.A.L," I said, tears streaming down my cheeks. 

"I can't any longer. I am sorry, Zane," P.I.X.A.L said flying higher. 

"No!!! Please, P.I.X.A.L," I said, trying to reach her grasp. 

"Make the big decision," P.I.X.A.L said. 

With that she left in the sky and disappeared. 

"NOOOO!!!" I screamed. 

"What happened, Zane?" Cole asked me. 

"Was it all a dream?" I asked. 

"I think so, you closed your eyes and woke up screaming. Was it a nightmare?" Cole asked. 

"You can call it that. P.I.X.A.L told me to take off the machine. She said she can't fight it," I said. 

"I told you, Zane. Now P.I.X.A.L has even said it. We should do it," Cole said. 

I hesitated. But, I knew what I had to do. I told the rest that we had to take off the machine. 

"No way Zane!" Nya yelled. 

"We have to. It has been decided," I said. 

I saw Dr.Richard in the hallway so I walked towards him. 

"How may I help you, Zane?" The doctor asked me. 

"We have decided that we want to take off the machine," I said, my eyes becoming watery. 

"You are a brave one. Smart choice. We will take the machine off instantly," Dr.Richard said. 

I followed him to the emergency room and he was slowly taking off the wires. Tears were streaming down my eyes and I held onto P.I.X.A.L's hand. 

718 words