The Miracle

The doctor was half way done with taking off all the wires when I felt P.I.X.A.L's hand move. 

"Doctor, wait! P.I.X.A.L moved her hand! Don't take off the machine!" I yelled.

I gulped as I watched P.I.X.A.L's hand squeeze mine. I squeezed it back. 

"Wait, let me put all these back! This is a miracle!" Dr.Richard said. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"I mean she doesn't need the machine anymore to survive," Dr.Richard said. 

I looked down at P.I.X.A.L and smiled wide. 

"You did it! You fought it! I'm so proud of you," I said, laying my lips on P.I.X.A.L's forehead. 

"We have to run some tests on her, so we will need you to leave this room at the moment. When we are done you can come back," Dr.Richard said. 

I nodded and let go of P.I.X.A.L's hand. I left the room and went to the waiting area. I saw everyone looked like cried or they were crying. I sat down on my seat with a smile. 

"How can you be smiling?" Lloyd asked. 

"It's just I have good news," I said. 

"What is the good news?" Skylor asked. 

"P.I.X.A.L has been improving! She is fighting it! She will survive!" I said. 

"Really?!" Nya asked, excited. 

She hugged me from the side. I smiled and hugged her back. 

Time Lapse: 10 Hours Later

We had been sitting here for hours and there was no news about P.I.X.A.L. I got up and looked in the emergency room. P.I.X.A.L was still at her normal spot and it looked like she hadn't moved. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Dr.Richard. 

"I have good news for you," Dr.Richard said. 

"What is the good news?" I asked, eagerly. 

"P.I.X.A.L has actually been improving. She had moved both of her hands. I think she will benefit with your company, would you like to come?" He asked. 

"Is that a question?! I would love to!" I said. 

We entered the emergency room and I sat next to P.I.X.A.L and squeezed her hand. Her other hand was shaking. I held it and squeezed it. 

The doctor got a special injection and squeezed it in P.I.X.A.L’s arm. I felt P.I.X.A.L squeezing my hand really tight. 

"Will this help her?" I asked. 

"Yes, it will. Well it will help her move her arms faster," Dr.Richard said. 

The doctor came to the side I was on and took another injection and stuck it in P.I.X.A.L’s arm. P.I.X.A.L squeezed my hands signifying that she was feeling pain. I rubbed her hands trying to sooth her. 

"She will be able to move her arms, if she tries her hardest. I will have to go, but you can stay here," the doctor said. 

I nodded and he left. 

"Come on P.I.X.A.L, please try to move your arms. You can do it! I believe in you, snowflake," I said. 

I rubbed P.I.X.A.L's hands while I waited for P.I.X.A.L to move her arms. I motivated her by saying motivating words to her. She seemed to only move her hands and not her arms. But, the improvement was that her wrist was moving. 

"You are strong! You can do it my love," I said. 

I saw P.I.X.A.L's arms shaking and her elbows were slightly moving. 

"You are doing it! Keep going," I said.

P.I.X.A.L’s arms were starting to move. But, when she moved them fully her arms fell on the stretcher. 

"You did it, love! You did it," I said, taking P.I.X.A.L's hands. 

I hugged P.I.X.A.L and I could feel her hug me back, but not fully. Dr.Richard entered the room and cleared his throat. I let go of P.I.X.A.L, but still held her hands. 

"It looks like she has moved her arms. Now, we just have to make sure she has to move her whole body," Dr.Richard said. 

"I have faith that she will. She is strong!" I said. 

Dr.Richard told me that I should leave the room because it would be better that I don't see what happens next. I left and went to the waiting area. 

"What happened?" Kai asked. 

"P.I.X.A.L moved her arms and it was amazing!" I said. 

"Holy cow! She is really strong," Jay said. 

I sat in the waiting area talking to everyone until Dr.Richard found it ok for me to go back in. 

722 words