Path of Nen.

The child, Crepe, blinked as Lapis slammed his door again. The blonde, Seafoam, called out to him as the redhead, Dijon, trembled on the couch and the female brunette, Admiral, was cooking up some food. It had been 2 years since they met and it felt like home. Except that Lapis was never around. Something constantly triggered panic attacks and he was always running for his room. Once he broke down in the living room and the others moved up to their rooms to wait out the meltdown. They decided afterwards that he should just disappear into his room whenever he needed to cool off.

Crepe was more interested in what the others were doing. He had watched them in different aspects that made them stand out. Dijon was almost hunting, but nothing could stop him once he started moving. Seafoam always had something lurking around her, helping her with chores or helping Lapis. Admiral never showed anything of the sorts, but she was constantly scanning over the mail, as if waiting for something. Lapis was another that never showed anything, but no one ever found the strength to approach him when he shut down. Apparently, he was showing "Signs" as well. So he decided to wait for whatever they were planning.

Admiral came in a week later with a box that she wouldn't let him near. Seafoam, on the other hand, kept training him on something.

"Seafoam." Crepe blinked before he got picked up. Lapis was in the corner as he was placed at the table. Dijon joined them as he paused.

"Ok... we're going to do a little test, ok?" He nodded as a glass of water with a leaf on top. "Alright, remember what I taught you. Put your hands around the glass without touching it and concentrate." He nodded before following the directions. A faint glow coated him before he sent it to his hands. The glow touched the glass and change hit instantly. Crepe didn't notice a difference, but Admiral's eyes wided.

"Oh my..." Crepe tilted his head as she moved closer. "Specialist... I think. Not sure. It sorta did all five..." She analyzed it a little bit before continuing. "I may have to consult some people to understand it." Lapis eyed the group as Crepe spoke.

"Huh?" Seafoam smiled as he retracted his hands and the glow vanished. Dijon went over.

"Here..."

He did as Crepe had done before, only for him to now see that the water almost multiplied. Seafoam smiled as he waved the redhead away and repeated the actions. Nothing happened until she pulled one hand away and grabbed his hand. She had him get a small bit on his finger before letting him taste. He paused at the taste change. Dijon smiled at his reaction.

"Nen. A special aura. I'm an Enhancer while Seafoam's a Transmuter." Admiral purred as she repeated their actions, this time causing the water to glow and leaf to start dancing on its stem. "And then there's you... Admiral's a Specialist." She pulled away as Crepe spoke.

"Does Big Brother Lapis have those skills?" They all turned to the bluenette as he stared out the window. He must've felt their gaze as he glanced over.

"That's the question. Lapis, can you pull off Nen?" He didn't move too far before the leaf moved around the glass. Crepe noticed it first before it stopped and Lapis vanished outside. The others paused before Crepe spoke.

"The leaf moved..." The others paused. "It stopped just before he left." Admiral paused.

"Manipulator... a very powerful one at that."

"He moved the leaf without trying... or even approaching the glass..." Admiral gulped as she gently turned away.

"Well... I need to catch word about this... Excuse me...

???

Crepe paused as he caught word of the others.

"He's a Specialist, but a unique type. He'll need special training."