Moments before Poof.

Admiral had taken a call outside, which sounded angry. Lapis was cuddling with Dijon, who was having a nightmare from what happened. Crepe rested next to them, watching as Admiral came back in before dragging Seafoam outside.

~~~

"Are they joking?"

"No."

Seafoam groaned as Admiral peeked inside, making sure the boys hadn't been disturbed.

"They want you to ditch the operation?"

"They think they can send someone better. But if everything falls into place like I think it will, they are going to make the operation go cold." Seafoam paused.

"Me and Dijon are getting called back to work... They're pulling you out... And Crepe's going to get curious..." She then looked at her. "No one's going to be able to hold him back."

"There's an opening. I told them that if they pull me out now, they won't have time to put someone in. I told them what's about to happen, they don't believe me." Seafoam paused.

"Here's the plan then. We tell Lapis to be careful. Then when he leaves, we show them what they did." Admiral nodded at that.

~~~

Seafoam and Dijon went to bed early, Lapis telling Dijon he'll be up later to check on him in case of the nightmares. Admiral helped Crepe clean up before sending him off to bed. She then waited for Lapis to relax on the couch before she spoke.

"Lapis." He paused as she sat down beside him. "I have some bad news." He hummed softly as she continued. "The Hunters are calling me back." A whine escaped him as he dropped his head on her lap. "I know... You don't want to be alone. I know that the other two are heading back to work. I know you don't trust yourself."

"Do you have to-" She smiled softly.

"I'm sorry." He whined as he curled up into a ball. "Listen... I know you won't feel safe... I just want to say be careful." He looked up at her. "I know you'll leave once the house is empty. I'm not going to stop you if it makes you safe. All I ask is that you be careful and you take care of yourself." He nodded softly before she kissed his head. "Good. Now, you best go check Dijon." He got up before going upstairs, the soft whispers giving her the sign.

~~~

He almost didn't wait. He stayed long enough to check on Dijon, help Crepe get ready to visit the new ruler, and talk to Admiral before they left, leaving him to pack for himself.

~~~

Seafoam sent her the news. She was about to close up when Seafoam called her.

"Yes darling?"

"He's gone." She paused before humming.

"Thanks." She hung up before knocking on the supervisor's door. Upon his answer, she went in and spoke. "Sir, Operation Go Family Advisory went cold."

He was silent as he stared at her. She didn't speak until he found the strength to reply.

"What?"

"I mean it. Lapis left seconds after I left to come back. The hunters that would've replaced me wouldn't have made it. Mark the operation as failed and cold. We'll never get it back on."

~~~

The other Hunters tried to tell her otherwise, but the ruler showed them he had left the sector.

"We can't send anyone down there. The ruler has already closed off the border." Admiral hummed.

"Which is why I said I should've stayed down there longer. He wouldn't have left if the house wasn't empty. But you were pulling me out at the same time as the other three, leaving him to escape. Congratulations!" She then went on a muttering rant as they went quiet. She was right. The operation was now down the drain and no one could save it. Not even the ruler could save it. And now a potential Go Family Member was out of their reach.