A Group Chat?

Oh yes it is an update, mates. I know, I'm surprised aswell.

Trigger warning: Shown family issues and gay girls.

Chapter 9

Monika's POV

It was a late Sunday's night as Monika sat on her own bed minding her damn business like every normal person would do. Swaying her feet back and forward, she hummed the song she's been writing recently. It didn't have finished lyrics, but the brunette already liked the part of it she'd done, even though your girl is a perfectionist.

From downstairs shouting could be heard, her so sweet, loving parents were at it again. Monika sighed quietly, she'd wished that her mom would ditch her dad already and move on.

The sound of something glass-made breaking on the cold floor and the back-door shutting was heard for a few spit seconds before a disturbing silence filled the house.

Monika took notice of the silence almost immediately and placed her phone down. She walked out of her room and went downstairs just to be met with her mom sobbing uninterruptedly, hugging herself. Seeing such image in front of her, did make Monika's heart ache.

Sighing the brown haired girl, sat next to her mom and wrapped her arms around her. And soon got returned the hug.

"T-thank you, sweetheart.." Her mom whispered, letting out a few quiet cries.

"No problem, mom.." Monika muttered, hugging her mom a bit tighter, she really really prayed that her father didn't hurt her mom in any physical way.

They stayed like this for about a hour, before pulling away. Monika's mom sighed heavily and stood up, brushing the invisible dust off.

"We should get something to eat don't we?" She chuckled while the other female got up little by little as well. She nodded flashing a slight smile to the older woman.

---------

"Goodnight, Monika, remember that I love you m'kay..?" Her mom said softly, hugging her daughter before arising up from her spot and closing the door.

Monika stared at the dark wooden door until exhaling heavy and turning off the light, falling asleep soon after.

She felt so hopeless knowing she had no power here to help the woman that always stayed by her side..

---------

"MONIKA" A familiar voice yelled, opening her eyes the brunette was met with a very known face, who soon after grinned at her, lending their chubby arm to her.

"Sayori..?" Monika spoke up, confused by what was happening.

"Who else silly? Hehe!" They giggled, grabbing the taller girl into a huge suffocating hug. As usual.

"Myyy I missed youu" They confessed, hugging Monika somehow even tighter. Monika wondered what lead Sayori to becoming a literal hug monster, like seriously they could kill someone with that hug strength.

"Y-yo.. u.. r.. ki.. lling.. m..e.." Monika breathed, becoming limb in her dream.

"Oopsie hehehe!" They laughed before taking Monika's arm and running with her through the dark, consuming void.

'Wait what are we doing in a void?' Thought confused Monika, she didn't remember being a dark, endless void in the beginning.

Suddenly Sayori stopped in their tracks and stared into nothing. Still not letting go of their arm, Monika glanced at the void itself, then back at her chubby friend.