The Doomsday Dilemma

Vote for the previous chapter.
And then vote for this one too!
I'll post next once this one reaches 100 minimum.
And, if you are reading this, Don't forget to tell me your thoughts on this chapter. ❤️
..............................................................

"Sometimes I wish life was different!"
Satyavati Sunaina clutched her six months protruded belly and sat down slowly on a wooden stool, her reflection prominent on the large stand mirror placed infront.
She sighed, and then took a small silvery vermilion case from the side table, but then another pair of hands joined hers from behind.
Satyavati smiled at once.

"Different as in?"
Trilochan asked, his chin now resting on his wife's shoulder, her wet locks dampening his lips with its soothing sweetness.

Sunaina turned her head slightly to place a tender kiss on his forehead.
"Raja Saheb, I never thought my life could be any different from the cause of my kingdom, but now, after I met you, after we... Well, I might sound selfish, but somewhere I wish I'd be not a queen, but just a wife, your wife...."

"You are my wife Naina."
Trilochan nuzzled on her shoulder, planting a soft kiss on her neck, and Sunaina shivered at the comfortable feeling.

"I want this to last forever Tri, you and I... And our baby..."

"We'll.... We'll be together forever Naina." Trilochan sat down on the stone floor, beside his wife, and then he placed his head on her lap, her hands automatically reaching up to caress his shoulder long hair.

"My grandmother won't let us be."
Sunaina exhaled thoughtfully.

"Why do you say so?"

"Because....", a sudden bout of excitement, and then Sunaina paused with a deep exhale, her sentence remained incomplete.
"Tri, if you are to choose between me and the Rajdharma, whom would you..."

Trilochan didn't let her finish, for the choice was prompt and simple. He turned to face her belly and planted two kisses on the bare tight skin, and it made red tints appear on Sunaina's cheeks at once.

"It's you my love, it'd be always you...! What is Rajdharma? To provide for a kingdom? But do you know what is Swa Dharma? The Dharma a man must abide?"

"What?"
Sunaina asked slowly.

"It is to provide for the family first... That's basic! If I'm not capable of providing for my own family, protecting my own wife and children, then how am I to protect an entire kingdom?"

"Shri Ram Chandra did leave Sita for..."

Trilochan stopped Sunaina by placing his index on her lips.

"I'm not Ram Chandra. My definition of righteousness starts with you and ends with you." He raised his head and cupped Sunaina's cheeks lovingly in his palms, his eyes boring deep in hers, and then he suddenly spoke, his voice grave and hoarse.
"There is nothing... I repeat, Nothing in this world that I won't do to keep your safe and happy." He looked deeper into her emerald green eyes.
"Let's leave together." He urged.

"What?"
Sunaina narrowed her eyes as a chuckle of disbelief played on her lips.
"What do you mean by leave Tri?"

"Elope. Run away... It's simple Naina... if you're not happy here, if you don't feel secure, if something is bothering you, it's only on us to find a solution... And, I'm giving you a solution to all our worries."