Knight in a Broken Armor

The night was pitch black, with heavy raindrops pounding against the jeep's roof like a thousand drum beats. The wind was howling fiercely, and the trees along the road were swaying wildly in the storm. Anirudh could hear the sound of thunder in the distance, like an angry beast roaring in the night.

The jeep was an old model, with worn-out leather seats and rusted metal frames. The dim light inside cast a yellow glow on their faces, making them look more tired than they were. Anirudh had his elbows on his knees, his head buried in his hands, lost in his own thoughts. Officer Davidson was scratching his thick beard thoughtfully. He had a lantern jaw, and a no-nonsense attitude.

"Left a week back, eh? The address in that letter says Faridpur?" Davidson asked, breaking the silence.

Anirudh nodded. "Yes"

Davidson raised an eyebrow. "Faridpur? Have any idea which part that would be?"

Anirudh shook his head. "No."

Davidson sighed.

The jeep hit a deep pothole, causing both men to jolt in their seats. The rain was now coming down in sheets, making it hard to see the road ahead. Anirudh's mind was racing with all sorts of possibilities, some of them too terrible to contemplate.

As they drove on, the storm only seemed to get worse, and the road became more treacherous. Davidson was constantly barking orders at the driver, trying to keep the jeep on the right track. Anirudh could feel the tension in the air, as if danger was lurking around every corner.

The jeep rattled along the bumpy road, with the sound of the raindrops hitting the roof and the windshield. Anirudh's eyes were fixed on the muddy road ahead, lost in his own thoughts. The storm outside was like a wild beast, growling and howling, as if trying to break free.

Davidson, who was sitting beside him, seemed to be in a hurry. Anirudh sensed his restlessness and asked him,
"What's the matter, Paul?"

Davidson let out a deep sigh and replied, "I have some unfinished business to attend to." He sighed again. "Every minute spent is one step away from him, Satyakirth." He paused again. "As i said, we have intelligence that he's planning something big in Chattagram in the next few days. I need to catch him before he can execute his plan."

Anirudh felt a chill run down his spine as he heard the name "Satyakirth." He knew that Satya was planning big this time, and under no circumstances he wished his friend to succeed."

While his thoughts were occupied with Satya, Anirudh's mind couldn't help but wander to his own worries. His brother Batuk was missing, along with Mira, god knows in what state, and he had no idea where they were, or what had happened to them.

The storm seemed to be getting worse, as if it was mocking their worries and fears. The wind was howling, and the rain was pounding against the jeep with renewed ferocity.

Anirudh could see Davidson looking out of the window, as if he was searching for something. Suddenly, Davidson turned to him and said, "We'll find your brother, Anirudh. Don't worry. And we'll find Mira... That girl had gone through hell in her life, no more." He paused and placed a hand on Anirudh's shoulder.
"We're going to Faridpur, and we'll search every inch of that village until we find them."

The jeep continued to rumble along the muddy road, with the storm raging outside. Anirudh tried to stay calm, but he couldn't shake off the feeling of fear and dread that had settled in his heart. He hoped that they would find Batuk soon, and Mira, both safe, and all his speculations wrong, and that the storm would eventually pass.