The Truth Will Set You Free Or So They Say

'Have you ever been so wildly attracted to someone you can actually feel it driving you to insanity?'

Vinnie remembered the day that some random dude in the bar asked him this like it was yesterday, which was actually quite astonishing, for his memory was usually reserved for cool stuff and cool stuff only.
A question like that, one that clearly belonged in the category 'wisdom about life', wasn't exactly what he considered cool stuff.
Although it had made quite the impact on him for some reason, his answer to the strange yet striking question had been short and simple.

'No.'

After that, all he did was move on with his life, stubbornly ignoring the fact that the words had triggered something inside him.
A certain yearning for having what the person who had asked him this obviously did have.
But as time went by, the memory had slowly faded, although it now became painfully obvious that it never really left his mind.

As he tightened the belt around his waist, to make sure his pants would stay where they were supposed to be, Vinnie glanced at Charley out of the corner of his eye, only to conclude that the answer to this apparent meaningful question wasn't exactly short and simple anymore.
Truth be told, this logical yet complicated realization worried him, more than he liked to admit.
This, all this, was crazy, even for him.
Yes, he was all about 'you only live once, living on the edge and that kind of stuff', but this...
Oof.
This was taking it all to a whooole other level.

With his pants now back where they belonged, the sound of O'Neill still trying to open the door broke him out of his thoughts and he quickly strapped his leg holster around his right upper leg as he still peeked at the human woman from time to time.
She was currently caught up in a fight with her sweater that seemed to be stuck in one of her earrings and as Vinnie slid his head through the opening of his black hoodie, a smile curled his lips.
Next to being overwhelmingly sexy and funny -and many other things-, she was just so... clumsy.
It was cute, really.

Despite knowing that he really should take action, mostly because of O'Neill, he took a moment to watch her struggle, not able to stop his gaze from wandering over her beautiful and still partially unclothed upper body.
Considering she was entirely hairless, he was perfectly able to see how her muscles contracted under her skin as her movements became more unrestrained, telling him she was starting to lose her patience, which was understandable, given the current circumstances.

Suddenly feeling a bit guilty about him just standing there, watching her like some perv, he heaved a sigh and walked over to her.
"Come here, you little klutz. Lemme help you", he said lovingly, hardly recognizing his own voice as a certain tenderness made it sound so... different.
Such great wording.
Okay, fine, not really creative, but he simply couldn't find the right word to explain how he sounded right now, for he hadn't really heard himself like this before.
There had never been one around to talk to in the way he talked to her.
Which was actually quite pathetic, really.
Or maybe just lonely.

At first, it seemed as if she wanted to stop him, stubborn as she was, but then his sensitive hearing caught the sound of a muffled sigh in defeat and her arms fell limp next to her body.
"Fine', she grumbled and again, Vinnie smiled.
Next to clumsy, she could be grumpy, too.
Kind of like a little angry leprechaun.
You better keep that thought to yourself, my friend.
If you wanna keep breathing, that is.

It wasn't until his fingers tried to get the sweater out of the earring that he realized he might not be exactly the right one for the job, for he was even less patient than she was, but he still managed to free her without ripping her sweater into pieces -or her ear for that matter-, something he was actually quite proud of.
"There ya go..."
Slowly, he pulled the sweater over her head, and as she wormed her arms into the sleeves, the white-furred youngster brushed her hair out of her heated face, revealing her eyes.
Eyes so green, it reminded him of grass in spring here on Earth.