14

After a tour of the whole building we are led back to the conference room. The two men sit back in their chairs while my mother and I stay standing along with Ms. Venable. I quirk a brow at the two men who seem to have gathered we are still standing and pop right up out of their seats. Ms. Venables grip on her cane tightens and she shouts them a piercing glare. I smirk and extend a hand out towards her "thank you very much Ms. Venable. My mother and I will inform my father about todays meeting and we will get back to you as soon as possible." My mom also shakes her hand and says her farewell. Jeff and Mutt stand awkwardly beside Venable, utterly torn wether or not to extend their hands out to me.

I turn my body to the door and Ms. Venable seems to get the hint "Jeff, Mutt" I nod as I make my way out the door, my mother following right behind. "Bye! Thank you ladies we hope to hear back from you soon. Ms. Venable will see you to the main exit." The redhead rolls her eyes and shuts the door on the two men. She leads us towards an elevator down to the lobby. As we wait I decide to make conversation "so Ms. Venable, do you have a first name? If you don't mind me asking" the redhead smiles and looks me straight in the eyes "Whilemina"
Beautiful

I flash her a genuine smile and extend my hand out once again, an excuse to touch her once again.
"That's a beautiful name, I'm Y/n" the woman chuckles lightly and turns to my mother who is grinning simply catching on to my subtle flirting "Vivian" my mom says as she shakes Whileminas hand. The doors open and we step out. As we walk towards the big glass doors my car is visible, having been parked right out front. "That's a beautiful vehicle" Whilemina says admiring my car. As we step outside I unlock the car and press the button releasing the doors. They fly up and my mom makes her way towards the passenger placing her Birkin in the back. "Thank you. Is purple your favorite color?" I ask noticing how every time I see her she's wearing the color.

Whilemina smiles and blushes a bit "yes it is" I chuckle and bend forward to place my clipboard and pens in the backseat. When I stand upright again Whilemina is looking right at me before quickly admiring the white interior of my car. "Well thank you again Ms. Venable I'll hopefully be speaking to you soon." I say as I take my seat. "Bye y/n, Vivian." She waves to my mother before stepping back. I press the button again releasing the doors before starting the engine. As we drive off I glance in the mirror and see Whilemina still watching us leave.

As I pull out of kineros I press a button on my steering wheel "call dad" "calling dad" the automated voice says. It rings twice before "hello?" He answers "hey dad we just left." "How'd it go?" He asks. "The owners seem like complete children but their partner/ secretary seems like an actual intellectual." He chuckles "well sweet pea you know I want your opinion. But do you remember elija and Elise?" I nod "yeah." My mom giggles making her presence known "oh hey sweetheart" my dad blows a kiss, my mom blows one back "honey martha came into my office earlier and told me Claude was sleeping with Beverly after all!" My mom gasps "I knew it! I told you Will. I will collect my payment when I return home" he giggles "whatever you want dear" I giggle "guys. How is this relevant if you don't mind me breaking this up."

"Oh well you see Claude and Beverly-" I cut him off "dad no! Elija and Elise" "Ohhh right, we'll their business was similar-ish. Elija lacked the mental capacity to do anything other than create while Elise handled everything corporate." I nod "okay how is this helping?" He sighs "what's the partners name?" "Ms.Venable" I say. "Okay what if the owners are like elija and lack the mental capacity to do anything other than breathe and create" my mom giggles "more like snort pounds of coke and create"

My dad clears his throat "coke heads?" He asks. My mom hums "mhmm big time. But so was our artist Nathaniel, big time. He said it helped him stay up late and focus." My mom looks at me "you couldn't deny his methods worked. His art is magical." I laugh "that's right his nose practically snowed" my dad laughs "back to kineros. The work these men are producing is of a higher standard. We are looking to add more diverse companies to our investment portfolio. Do they have the same potential as Nathaniel?" My dad asks. "I mean the engineering was spectacular" "okay how about the business side of things does their relationship with Venable seem like Elija and Elise?" I nod

"I mean i guess. Venable seems like more of a hard ass than Elise." My dad laughs "oh Whilemina Venable?" He asks making my mom and I quirk out brows "yes." He sighs "look sweetheart you know I trust your judgment but Whilemina is well known in the corporate world. She's a real bitch. In the best way possible. The coke heads are lucky to have her on their side. She's known to bust balls and not take anything lowball. She also doesn't stand for disrespect and seems to have a better rapport with women, than men" I think back to the way she never faltered even when I was giving her a hard time during the tour.

My mom nods "she did seem like a bitch. I liked her" she says as she admires her manicure. "I also liked the way the men looked to her for answers. Meaning she truly does have a say in the business" my mom says. "I noticed that too" I sigh. "I think I'll have a follow up meeting with just her and talk numbers and ask her how she truly feels about this business. I have a feeling she won't lie to me" my dad claps "well then sweetie, I trust you to make the best decision and just let me know if you are going to take up their offer." "Okay dad" "bye honey!" My mom says happily. "Bye amour, I'll take you victory shopping when you get back"

After we hang up and park outside my apartment my mom turns to me "flirting with a potential client y/n?" She smirks. I sigh and sink into my seat "also don't think I didn't notice them at the restaurant too, or the way Whilemina and that blonde looked at you" I smile sheepishly "we have a lot to talk about mom" she hums and hops out the car "yes we do."
——————

Not proofread