16

My mother and I are sitting at a restaurant owned by another of her friends. "So tell me y/n who are these ladies and are they going to cause interference with this deal?" I sigh and sip my glass of red wine. "I just met Whilemina today but I know who the blonde is, kinda" I met her at a coffee shop by campus a few weeks into this semester. My mom nods and takes a bite of her food. She used to annoy me always trying to hit on me and you know the usual things I ignore-" "Which I don't know why, you are a beautiful girl who deserves to be loved." I groan "mommm I know it's just I don't want anything right now you know with me going to school, trying to have a healthy social life and being a young business investor. It's kinda hard to balance a stable relationship on top of that."

My mother shrugs "your father and I did it, what's stopping you?" I sigh and take a bigger sip of wine. "Besides the point. The blondes name is Billie Dean Howard she-" "she's a medium." My mom cuts me off. "I-what?" I tilt my head and quirk a brow "she's a medium" my mom repeats. I shake my head "yah no I heard that but how do you know?" My mom giggles and portions off another piece of her food "honey, I know everything. Plus she's well known in this area for being a medium"

I laugh FLABBERGASTED
She's a fucking medium? How come I didn't know that? Well maybe because you've never bothered to get to know her y/n.
I roll my eyes at my own self argument "anyways, she's been trying to take me out and I've been dodging her attempts. She's known around campus for picking up young girls. So you can count me out of that" my mom smirks and takes a sip of her wine.

"What?" I ask my mother smiles "y/n do you think your father was a saint?" I furrow my brows "well idk you guys dated through law school and got married and had me so I never really asked for anything more. I kinda don't wanna know" my mom laughs. "Y/n your dad is 5 years older than me he was in college a few years before me. He was knows around campus for being a player. He had money and would take girls out on it. A different girl every day until I came around. He changed. He found a girl he couldn't have and it made him want me more."

I frown and pick at my food before chugging my wine. "I was the first girl he met that told him no. He was used to having girls throw themselves at him. Begging for his attention. When he tried to use his charms on me it didn't work. I didn't want him. I thought he was handsome but I wasn't interested in being like all those other stupid girls." I nod and take a bite of my food "he put all his effort in trying to win me over. Time and time again he showed up and annoyed me insisting on walking me to class, sitting with me during our study hour, even when I told him I thought we was embarrassing himself he didn't care."

I listen intently "people can change y/n. It's just takes that one that has what they want to cause the change. If this Billie woman is truly going out of her way to show you she's interested then why not give her a shot." I roll my eyes "Look I'm not telling you this because I want you to be in a relationship. Im telling you this as a mother who went through something similar with your father. Plus Michael kinda already told me that this Billie has stopped chasing other girls to chase you." I gasp and drop my jaw "he told you?" My mom giggles "I'm his mother of course he told me." I shake my head a laugh
Fuck you Michael

"Don't be mad at him, he told me because I wanted to know and plus he's been looking out for you and has been watching billie. He said she rarely even looks at other girls. Let alone give them the time of day even when they throw themselves at her" I pout "I don't know mom I'm scared. I don't want to look stupid if once I cave and give her the attention she craves she gets over me and moves on to the next." My mom picks up my chin and makes me look in her eyes "y/n I understand, I really do. But it's going to be scary regardless and if that happens which I doubt will then it happens and you will have to just move on and don't let it tear you down."

I nod "thanks mom" Vivian smiles and playfully winks "so she's asked you out?" She wiggles her brows as she takes a bite of her food. I giggle and pull billies card out of my purse and hand it to her "she gave you her number?!" I smile "yes?" My mom laughs "what did she say?" I giggle "she said for me to give her a chance to prove she's actually being honest and to let her get to know me and me get to know her." My mom smiles and hands the card back. "Take her up on the offer. What's the worst that can happen? You go out to have a nice dinner and get to know her, no strings attached and if it's a total disaster you can leave and never speak to her again."

I laugh "true." "What about the redhead Whilemina? Weren't they at dinner together the other night?" I frown "yah I also saw them at the club together.  Whilemina called billie honey and was sucking her face off." My mom furrows her brows "hmm" I sigh and toss billies card back in my bag "tell me about it." My mom smirks "okay. Do you wanna know what I think?" I look up sarcastically "enlighten me" my mom smiles "I think billie is on the hunt for young blood for her and Whilemina" I make a face "gross mom! I can't believe I'm even having this conversation with you"

My mom giggles "what?! I'm your mother who else is going to give you better advice plus it's not like I'm going to bitch you out about it. I'd rather know now than you actually taking them up on the offer and stressing on how to tell me and dad." I drop my fork and place my face in my hands "oh god dad" my mom shrugs "what about him?" I look up "how do I tell dad that I'm satiating two middle aged women's young blood thirst." My mom laughs and chews her food "exactly like that. I think it'll be hilarious" I smile and roll my eyes "mom! That's not helping."

Vivian smiles and swallows her food before sipping her wine "look if you do end up in the situation where we need to tell dad let me break it to him. Im more than sure he's going to be understanding." I shake my head "deal. I definitely don't wanna be the one to tell dad." My mom laughs "your his babygirl he's always going to support you regardless, if his business ventures hasn't proven that already then I don't know what will." I nod

"Well this was a lovely dinner." I joke my mom laughs "agreed." We continue eating and talking about what we've been doing all this time.
—————

Idk what is happening to me...4 chapters in one day. Damn.