22

As I walk into the restaurant I spot my parents sitting at their usual table. My mother sitting upright, perfect posture, legs crossed and sipping her wine with poise. My father telling my mother about his week, holding her free hand and worshiping her skin. I smile to myself and step closer "parents." They turn to me and smile brightly "hey princess! You look gorgeous" my dad says as he stands and embraces me in a hug.

I giggle and hug him back "I missed you dad" he kisses my head and rubs my back "I missed you more angel" he releases me and I give a kiss on the cheek to my mom "how was your day honey?" She asks as I take a seat at the table. I can't help the little curl the ends of my lips did. "That we'll huh?" She says cheekily. I laugh "something like that" my dad picks a crostini off the plate and takes a bite. "What happened last night?" He looks at my mom like a lost puppy. My mom smiles and pats his hand "all in due time my love" he furrows his brows before shrugging and stuffing the rest of the crispy bread into his mouth.

Our dinner goes smoothly until my dad asks "did you set the appointment with Whilemina Venable?" My mom side eyes me with a coy smirk on her lips. I clear my throat and sit up straight "yes. It was supposed to be today just afternoon but we decided to reschedule." I pull my phone out of my purse and open billies contact. "Okay when?" I gulp "tomorrow just after 1" my dad nods and digs into the crostini's.
'Meeting rescheduled to tomorrow. Just after 1pm'
I send it and immediately get a reply
'Yes ma'am ;)'
I smile to myself and put my phone away. I look up and meet my moms smirk. I gave her a 'don't start' look and turned to my dad.
——
After dinner my parent and I ride back to the family manor:

As we enter the gate and pull into the driveway I giggle "what's so funny pumpkin?" My dad asks

As we enter the gate and pull into the driveway I giggle "what's so funny pumpkin?" My dad asks. I sip my wine and say "I think this is one of the more modest houses mom designed" my mom chuckles and grabs her purse. My dad secret my waves at me and mouths 'her? Modest?' I laugh and my mom eyes my dad, who puts his hands up and steps out the car leaning down to help my mom out. "She's scary" he whispers to me as he helps me out the car. "She can hear you!" My mom says as she walks up the pavement to the front door. My dad and I share a look before following after my mother.
———
I stay the night with my parents in the manor. I spent most of the night drinking wine and typing up the contract for tomorrows meeting. In the morning I leave to get ready for the meeting. I put on the purple suit Whilemina chose and finish putting on my accessories. As I'm applying lipstick my phone rings 'dad' I put it on speaker and slip on my heels. "Are you ready angel?" I lock up my closet and make my way towards the door "yes I'm on my way out right now" "I'm outside with your mother" I freeze atop the door handle "moms going?" I ask. "Yes she wanted to join us" I gulp "okay I'm on my way out" I hang up and think about sending Whilemina a warning text but decide against it.

Our driver opens the door for my father who steps out to help me get in. "Are you ready to deliver the good news?" I smile "yes" my mom eyes my outfit making me a little uneasy "interesting outfit choice y/n" she says. Sweaty. I feel sweaty. "I like it pumpkin!" My dad says "thank you daddy. I realized I never wear this so why not today, right?"

"Better today than never. I bet the purple dragon will appreciate it" my dad says as he gazes out the window. My mom smirks at me before turning her attention to her phone. Fuck. As the car pulls into the kineros driveway I wipe my palms on my pants before exiting the sedan. My parents follow behind me as I talk to the receptionist. "Right this way. Follow me." The young lady says as she leads us into a conference room. "I'll let Ms. Venable know you have arrived." And just like that the door is shut and my mother speaks up "nervous y/n?" I look towards my mother and shake my head "never."

She raises an eyebrow and turns her attention to my father. She lifts her hand to him and he immediately grasps it in his own. I smile at the small gesture of love. I take a seat beside my father and wait. Not even two minutes later the door opens and in steps my raven headed beauty. "Mr. And Mrs. Vanderbilt" She shakes my parents hands "Ms. Vanderbilt" she smirks a little as she grasps my hand. "Venable" I clear my throat and watch as she takes a seat across the table.

"Where's Juff and Mutt?" My father asks. Whilemina leans over the table a bit "they thought it best if I handled this matter while they are overseas" my father nods
"well then, let's not wait any longer. Y/n?"
I sit upright and pull two files out of my suitcase. I slide one over to Whilemina and open the other. "The file I just gave you holds the terms of our agreement. I would like to go over this document with you, if you don't mind" Whilemina smiles "not at all" I nod and glance at my dad. He nods and sits back in his chair "page one is just an overview of our partnership agreement. It states that kineros robotics is now a Vanderbilt partner, correct?"

Whilemina nods "correct" I continue "I believe my father talked to Jeff and mutt on the percentages of stock, revenue and projected earnings Kineros will hand over to The Vanderbilt corp." My dad sits up "yes Jeff and mutt communicated those with me and we are in agreement. They already signed those papers before they left" Whilemina nods.

"Pages two and three go into detail about the topics we've gone over. You can take a look if you need." Whilemina glances over the document before meeting my gaze "shall I continue?" I ask. Whilemina smirks "go on." I flip the pages "pages four and five are the payment agreements upon specific dates. It states here that on XX-X-XXXX, XX-XX-XXXX, and so forth that The Vanderbilt Corp. will invest $***,*** into Kineros Robotics for future projects. Following?" I check in.

"I understand" Whilemina smirks. "Good, now pages six and seven are the terms of which our company will need Kineros to be in compliance with. If there are any discrepancies or disagreements please make them known." I glance at Whilemina to see her nod "1. Kineros must stay within $**,***,*** value otherwise our company will pull out. Agree?" Whilemina sighs "yes I agree."

"2. Kineros must stay within the good graces of the public eye. Meaning no bad rep for this company. If this company falls into any major controversy our contract is nullified."

"3. Whilemina Venable will be in constant contact with a member of the Vanderbilt company at all times. Reporting any and all updates or violations." Whilemina looks up from the paper to meet my eyes "between just us if you keep to your end of this term you will be spared in the case of Kineros downfall. Shall there be one." Whileminas eyes sparkle a little different. I continue reading occasionally checking in on Whilemina.

"13. If Kineros fails to meet any of the agreed upon terms they will have to settle in a court of law with The Vanderbilt Corp." Whilemina nods "do you have any questions, comments or concerns?" I ask. Whilemina shakes her head "I understand the terms clearly but going back to number three. Just to clarify, if Kineros suddenly finds itself in the middle of a controversy of violation of this contract and I notify you immediately...I will be spared?"

I look to my parents who have sly smirks on their lips. My mother speaks up "Whilemina, if you don't mind me calling you that, my daughter seems to have a liking towards you. As do I, from one powerful woman to another I see you. You are single handedly running this company from behind a curtain. Hence, why I think my daughter added this little term. From our initial meeting I could tell you were in charge. These two men will eventually get themselves into a mess. This is just your insurance that if and when that happens you shall face no legal penalties."

Whileminas eyes are wide and she's taken aback. "Thank you." My mom smiles and my dad pats me on the back. "So...are we in agreement?" I ask. Whilemina smiles cheekily "where do I sign?" I smile and watch as Whilemina signs off on the documents. Whilemina slides over the contract to me and I hand her Kineros copy. I stand and shake her hand. My parents shake her hand as well and my mother turns to me "we'll be in the car" with that she shoots me a wink and ushers my father out the door "thank you again Whilemina" he shouts over his shoulder.

As the door closes Whilemina just stands there gazing at me.
————-

Not proofread