Summer Of 2005 - Part 4 - last part

Ayeri's Note: I only planned 3 parts for this story but, surprisingly, I needed to cut it into 4 parts. Actually, this could be longer, but I was too overwhelmed by the personal things I have to deal with. There are a lot of things on my mind right now, and I can't seem to focus. All I know is that this story has to end. Although I admit this part is fast-paced, I still did my best to at least end it the way it should be. I hope you enjoy the four parts of 'Summer of 2005'. Thank you so, so much!

SUMMER OF 2005
Part 4

Agad na nag-angat ng tingin si Summer na gulat na napatingin sa doktor.

"W-when is he going to wake up?" Muling tanong ni Evelyn na ngayon ay nakaalalay kay Summer na muntik na mawalan ng balanse. Hindi ito agad nakapagsalita. The only thing she knew was that her tears were already falling.

"The truth is, that's something I can't tell you, Miss. He's going to wake up, but I don't know-it might take weeks, months, a year, and years. I don't know. The accident brought him here in critical condition, so let's just hope he could wake up sooner." The doctor said before he excused himself and formally left the two.

Evelyn guided Summer to sit on the chair. "Hey, Summer? He's going to be okay, you hear me? He's going to wake up soon. I know he will so-please, stop crying." She soothed Summer's back, trying to comfort her. Evelyn is a kind girl. Despite being a pure foreigner, Evelyn is so kind and pure. And as Dino's friend, she genuinely cares for Summer.

Because she never had a sister, when Dino got comatose, Evelyn took good care of Summer since she could see that Summer's friend, Britney, wasn't good for her. She treats her like her own sister.

"It's been a month, Evelyn. He's still not waking up." Summer said. She is wiping her tears away before they continue streaming down her cheeks. Summer is sitting on a bedside chair beside Dino, who's unconsciously lying on the hospital bed, while Evelyn is standing behind her, watching her look at him.

"I'm sorry...Summer." bakas ang matinding awa sa boses ng kaibigan dahil na rin siguro sa hindi na nito alam pa kung ano ang sasabihin upang pakalmahin ang dalaga. Dahil ang totoo naman kasi, hindi gigising si Dino agad-agad.

Even Summer knew that. She's just trying to give herself hope because she can't accept the fact that, until now, she still needs to wait for him. And she's always willing, but sometimes it just stings. Lalo pa't alam niyang hindi rin pinili ng binata ang desisyong maghiwalay sila at ang mga sitwasyon.

After two weeks of Dino in the hospital, she found out. She found out all the reasons why Dino had not had enough time for her. She found out that Dino was facing all of the problems and fulfilling all of his responsibilities alone and secretly.

At dahil doon hindi maiwasang makonsenya ni Summer, lalo na sa mga kanyang nasabi noon kahit alam niyang hindi niya na yoon maibabalik pa. Kahit pa alam niyang nasaktan din siya ng kasintahan. nasaktan din siya ng kasintahan.

[A-ate Summer, kami na po ang bahala kay Kuya. Wag ka mag-alala aalagaan namin siya. Namimiss na din kasi siya ni Mama. Gagaling din siya, ate. Sigurado ako bago ka grumaduate ay gising na si Kuya. Maraming-maraming salamat ate Summer kasi kahit papaano alam naming kahit nagagapagod tumira sa ibang bansa ay nandiyan ka para pasayahin si Kuya.

[I know you two had a conflict, ate, pero kahit ganoon, lagi pa din sinasabi ni Kuya na nawawala ang lahat ng pagod niya sa tuwing nakikita ka niya matulog ng mahimbing. He loved you so much, ate, kaya I know gigising din siya agad. He'll wake up, and you two will be okay like you used to before.]

And sinabing iyon ng kapatid ni Dino ang tanging nagpalakas at pinanghawakan ni Summer.

After a month, Summer agreed to the offer of Dino's family to transfer him to the Philippines. Para na rin maalagaan ng maayos dahil ilang beses na ring lumiban si Summer sa pagpasok sa school para lang mabantayan ang kasintahan. Her family also suggested that since mahirap din kapag naapektuhan ang pag-aaral ng anak.