Chapter 6

*Anakin's POV*

            Qui-Gon told me after his meeting with the Jedi Council that they would test me.  He had high hopes that I would past the test and become a Jedi.  I did to.  I promised my mom that I would come back to Tatooine and free her and all the slaves.  I can't break that promise!  

           I wanted to visit Padme and Nalalia and tell them about the news.  Padme would be happy for me, and if Nalalia was there, she would be to.  I sighed as I walked down the hallways.  I hadn't seen Nalalia for two days and I still felt like Padme was lying to me.  I turned right to find myself looking up to a Nabooian guard.  "May I help you, son?" He asks looking down at me.  "I'm.... I'm looking for the handmaidens Nalalia and Padme." I said nervously as rocked back and forth.  The guard took out a commlink and said, "The boy is her to see Padme and  Nalalia."  There was a silence.  "Send him in," a female voice replied.  Probably one of the Queen's handmaidens I thought to myself as I walked into the room.

                                         *Nalalia's POV*

         As I was getting ready for the meeting with the Senate, I heard some voices.  "Who is it?" I called out to Rabe, who was in the other room.  "Anakin Skywalker, to see Padme and Nalalia, Your Highness."  I immediately walked to the doorway to see him.  He bows and looks down,  peeking at me.  I almost laughed.  He was a curious little boy.  "I've sent Padme and Nalalia out on an errand." I said looking at his face to see his reaction.  His face was a little sad as he replied, "I may not see them again...and... I just wanted to say goodbye."  "We will tell them for you. We're sure their hearts goes with you," I said gently.  I was crying internally for happiness and sadness.  Anakin would become a Jedi! I was so happy for him.  I felt so horrible not being able to congratulate him myself, but it was for the best.  Anakin bows again and says sadly, "Thank you, Your Highness.  I'm sorry to have disturbed you."  I walked back into the other room, but watched out of the corner of my eye as Anakin left.  I internally wished him the best of luck on his training to become a Jedi.

                                    *Senate Meeting*

                When we entered the Senate Chambers, I could barely hold my gasp.  The room was HUGE!  Thousands of Senator's and Representatives coming here to represent their planet.  In the middle of the room, was a floating area where Chancellor Valorum and Mas Amanda, the Vice Chancellor, and another aid were sitting. Me, Senator Palpatine, Captain Panaka, Rabe, and Eirtae enter a floating platform along as other Senator's.  As I sat down next to the Senator, he leaned in and whispered, "If the Federation moves to defer the motion...Your Majesty,I beg of you to ask for a resolution to end this congressional session."  "I wish I had your confidence in this, Senator." I replied.  I was not worried if the Federation defers the movement, I was worried about my people.

"You must force a new election for Supreme Chancellor...I promise you there are many who will support us...it is our best chance...Your Majesty, our only, chance."  Senator Palpatine replied with a pleading tone. "You truely believe Chancellor Valorum will not bring our motion to a vote?" I stated raising my eyebrows. "He is distracted...he is afraid. He will be of no help." Palpatine said with a disapproving tone.

Chancellor Valorum stood up.  "The Chair recognizes the Senator from the sovereign system of Naboo," he said his voice echoing through the whole room.  The Senator pressed a button that moved our platform into the center of the room. "Supreme Chancellor, delegates of the Senate. A tragedy has occured on our peaceful system of Naboo. We have become caught in a dispute you're all well aware of, which began right here with the taxation of trade routes, and has now engulfed our entire planet in the oppresion of the Trade Federation." Palpatine said.  I'll admit, he is good with words.

  "This is outrageous! I object to the Senator's statements!" I turn my head slightly to see Lott Dodd, the Senator for the Trade Federation.  "The Chair does not recognize the Senator from the Trade Federation at this time. Please return to your station." The Chancellor said, his tone cold.  Chancellor Palpatine looked at me and I nodded.  "To state our allegations, I present Queen Amidala, the recently elected ruler of Naboo, to speak on our behalf."  There was applause as I stood up: "Honorable representatives of the Republic, distinguished delegates, and Your Honor Supreme Chancellor Valorum, I come to you under the gravest of circumstances. The Naboo system has been invaded by force.  Invaded...against all the laws of the Republic by the Droid Armies of the Trade..." I was interuppted by Nott Dodd. "I object! There is no proof. This is incredible. We recommend acommision be sent to Naboo to assertain the truth."

"Overruled." Chancellor Valorum stated raising his right eyebrow. "Your Honor, you cannot allow us to be condemned without reasonable observation. It's against all the rules of procedure." Nott Dodd said earnestly. A third box representing Malastare floated into the center of the room.. "The Congress of Malastare concurs with the honorable delegate from the Trade Federation. A commision must be appointed...that is the law." I recognized Aks Moe, the Malastare Senator.

The Chancellor turns to speak with his two aides."The point..."

Palpatine again leans over to whisper something in my ear, "Enter the bureaucrats, the true rulers of the Republic, and on the payroll of the Trade Federation, I might add. This is where Chancellor Valorum's strength will dissapear."  The Chancellor turned to face the Senate and said, "The point is conceded...Section 523A take precedence here. Queen Amidala of the Naboo system, will you defer your motion to allow a commission to explore the validity of your accusations?"  WHAT!  How could he? He has helped Naboo through many problems, does he want Naboo to be destroyed? I composed myself as much as I could and responded angrily,  "I will not defer...I have come before you to resolve this attack on our sovereignty now. I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee. If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a"vote of no confidence" I hesitated before going on, "...in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."

"What?...No!" Chancellor Valorum cried out as the Senator's started yelling at each other.  Mas Amedda held up his hands and yelled,"Order! We shall have order..."  A new box came up next to ours.  I turned slightly to see Senator Bail Antilles, who currently represented Alderaan. He spoke out, "Alderaan seconds the motion for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum."  Mas Amedda nods his head and exclaims, "The motion has been seconded by Bail Organa of Alderaan."   Bail frowned and said, "Alderaan seconds the motion for a vote of no confidence inChancellor Valorum."  Lott Dodd spoke up, "The Trade Federation moves the motion be sent to the procedures committee for study."  The Senator's started chanting and Chancellor Valorum and Mas Amedda were having a conversation.  All the Senator's cried out, "Vote now! Vote now! Vote now!"

 Out of the corner of my eye I saw Palpatine smile. He looked at me and said, "You see, Your Majaesty, the tide is with us...Valorum will be voted out, I assure you, and they will elect in a new Chancellor, a strong Chancellor, one who will not let our tragedy continue..."  I nodded amd smiled, letting him now that I was happy to.  Mas Amedda quieted down the Senator's by saying, "The Supreme Chancellor requests a recess. Tomorrow we will begin the vote."  Chancellor Valorum sighs and puts his head in his hands.