Chapter 8

Me and the handmaidens walked out to a taxi.  Jar Jar and Captain Panaka were already sitting and stood up when they saw me.  I nod to both of them before sitting down.  It was a silent ride, so it left me to sort out my thoughts.  Thoughts of Naboo and my people.  When the vehicle stopped, I looked up to see Qui Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin waiting for us.  They were standing by a traditional Nabooian ship.  Captain Panaka helped me out and I went over to meet the Jedi.

        "Your Highness, it is our pleasure to continue to serveand protect you."  Qui Gon says, bowing to me.

          "I welcome your help. Senator Palpatine fears the Federation meansto destroy me."  The Federation could never.  They were simply to weak.  "I promise you, I will not let that happen."  I wondered if he had read my thoughts.  Can Jedi do that?  I nod to him, turn and enter the ship, followed by the handmaidens.   Before I fully entered the ship, I heard Jar Jar exclaim, "Wesa goen home!"  That made me smile as I turned the corner to my room.

                                          *Time Skip*

          I was in my chambers and had called the Jedi to meet with them about our plan for Naboo.  Eirtae and Padme were standing behind me and Captain Panaka beside the throne.   Qui Gon was facing me as his padawan and Jar Jar watched.

         "The moment we land the Federation will arrest you, and forceyou to sign the treaty."  Captain Panaka said, looking worried. Qui Gon readily agreed with his statement, 

          "I agree...I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish by this." I frowned on the two men.  How could they think I would think about myself? No!  I'm constantly thinking about Naboo. 

     "I'm going to take back what's ours."  I stated stubbornly.

      "There are only twelve of us, Your Highness....we have noarmy."  I hide my smug smile as best as I could.

        "I cannot fight a war for you, Your Highness, only protect you."  This is were my perfect plan comes in.

         "Jar Jar Binks!"  I exclained looking directly at him. Jar Jar looks around, puzzled on if I was really talking to him,  I nearly laughed at that.  He could be so innocent sometimes.

          "Mesa, Your Highness?"  I nod my head slightly..

          "Yes. I need your help."  I said smiling at the plan.