Chapter 10

Me, Padme, and the Jedi were discussing the plan.  Padme and the Jedi were talking while I just kept quiet.  I still had my makeup on, just in case that they would target Padme.   

               "All right. They're here!" Anakin yells to us.  I turn my attention to him as he runs towards us.  I spot four speeders with Captain Panaka and a dozen guards with pilots pull up.

              "What is the situation?"  Padme asks Captain Panaka as he walks over.  

               "Almost everyone's in camps. A few hundred police and guardshave formed an underground movement. I brought as many of the leaders as I could. The Federation Army's also much larger than we thought, and much stronger. Your Highness, this is a battle I do not think we can win."  Captain Panaka states with weariness in his voice.

               "The battle is a diversion. The Gungans must draw the Droid Army awayfrom the cities. We can enter the city using the secret passages on the waterfall side. Once we get to the main entrance, Captain Panaka will create a diversion, so that we can enter the palace and capture the Viceroy.  Without the Viceroy, they will be lost and confused."  Padme says confidently.  The Jedi both look at her with interest.  

                "What are they talking about?"  I hear a quiet voice ask.  I look down to see Anakin looking up at me with his big blue eyes.

                 "They're talking about taking back the Palace and capturing the Viceroy."  I say.  He nods and lifts my hands and wraps it around him, he stays silent as I turn back to the previous conversation.  

                 "What do you think, Master Jedi?"  Padme asks, looking at both Qui-Gon and Obi.

                   "The Viceroy will be well guarded."  Qui-Gon states, stroking his beard lost in thought.

                   Captain Panaka answers the question for him, "The difficulty's getting into the throne room. Once we're inside, we shouldn't have a problem."  

             "There is a possibility with this diversion many Gungans will be killed."  Qui-Gon says raising his eyebrow. 

              Boss Nass interrupts our conversation by saying, "Wesa ready to do are-sa part." I can't help agree with him, the Gungans do their part while we do ours.   Jar Jar smiles sheepishly, but there was worry in his eyes.  I look down to see Anakin and Artoo, who was right beside me, watch with interest. 

               Padme turns back to the Jedi and says, "We have a plan which should immobilize the Droid Army. We will send what pilots we have to knock out the Droid control ship which is orbitingthe planet. If we can get past their rayshields, we can sever communication and their droids will be helpless."  Qui-Gon nods his head, as if he agreed.

               "A well-conceived plan. However, there's great risk. The weapons on your fighters may not penetrate the shields on the control ship."  Padme glances at me and I nod my head.  It was true about what he said,  our fighters might not have a chance.  But we must have hope.

               Obi-Wan speaks up, "And there's an even bigger danger. If the Vicroy escapes, Your Highness, he will return with another droid army."  I answer this question for him.

               That is why we must not fail to get to the Viceroy. Everything depends on it."  I said looking into everyone's eyes with a serious expression.

                                          *Time Skip*

              We were in the Central Plaza in Theed, hiding behind some pillars waiting for the signal.  Padme is in front on me, watching for the signal, Anakin was hugging me nervously and the Jedi and Artoo were right next to me.  We are waiting for Captain Panaka's signal.  He has Rabe, Eirtae, and twenty other Naboo guards on his side.  Padme flashes the little light which was the signal, and he signaled back.   Qui-Gon leans over to Anakin and me, but I knew he was talking to Ani.  

               "Once we get inside, Annie, you find a safe placeto hide and staythere." Anakin nods his head.

                 "Sure."  He replies, getting a look of satisfaction from Qui- Gon.

                 "And stay there!"  Annie again nods his head again.  Qui-Gon looks at me and I nod my head.  I would make sure that Anakin would find a safe place before I went with them.  I looked up to see droids running and shooting at Captain Panaka and his guards, Padme starts running and we follow her.   We run into the Palace as all hell breaks loose.