Chapter 9

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

"Now get us some salmon. I want the meat to look the same as your hair color." You said smiling.

"Don't bully my hair color like that (name)." He pouted.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

(***Next day***)

Urokodaki was walking through the forest with you following after. You were confused about why did he take you to a large boulder.

"If you slice this boulder in half, you can leave for the final selection." He said.

"But wouldn't that break- Sensei? Where are you... SENSEI!!" Even after your calls, he continued walking leaving you alone in this large forest with you and the boulder.

You sighed knowing you had no choice but to do what you were told to do, even if it does not make any sense to you. You were just a trainee with no experience of Demon Slaying so you have to trust your mentor with what he says.

You turned toward the boulder feeling determined. You didn't work hard only for you to give up now. Your family is waiting for your arrival and it's almost a year since you have last seen them. It pained you to think that a demon might sneak inside your home and attack them. You feared that would happen but Sabito reassured you that they will be fine.

You had to finish the demon behind the throne and get back to your family and continue to live a peaceful life. You could only dream of it now but you were confident that it will be the reality in no time if you just continue to strive further.

You took your sword out of its sheath and positioned it in front of you ready to attack the boulder. You soon hit it only for the impact to disrupt your nerves and cry from pain.

"OW!"

The sword flew out of your hand and fell to the ground as you fell clutching your arms in pain. After a few minutes of calming your nerves down and adjusting to the pain, you kneeled to grab it.

As you were about to touch the hilt of the sword, a soft hand brushed against your hand softly.

"Huh?" You looked up to see a small girl with short hair wearing floral Yukata. She then gave you a soft and warm smile.

"Who.. who are you?" You finally asked after staring at her for too long.

"I'm Makomo. I can lend you help if you want." She said in her soft voice.