Chapter 21

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

"BUT I WOULD'VE FOLLOWED HER OUT OF WORRY FOR HER HEALTH!!"

"Y-A-N-D-E-R-E." He spelled.

"STOP!" Sabito yelled about to chase him down.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

You walked the stairs leading you to the temple

You walked the stairs leading you to the temple. With no signs of any monks, the temple was empty.

Few lanterns were around to light up the dark place but it still felt cold and empty.

"HELP!" A voice cried immediately grasping your attention. You quickly took out your sword in reflex and turned to the direction the sound came from. "No one can hear from the town~" Another voice laughed; demon, you assumed. The sounds of screams of pain and despair came within the temple.

You charged toward the temple, kicking down the doors to see a monk grasped in the flesh of the large demon. You could see the monk calling out to Buddha helplessly with tears spilling out of his eyes.

"Now who on earth invited you here?!" The demon yelled extremely annoyed by your interference with his victim.

"Total concentration. Water breathing, second form; Water wheel."

You muttered as you charged at it and send a vertical attack at the flesh where the man was being held releasing him.

"You damn bitch." The demon growled as he immediately send his flesh at you.

You grabbed the man's hand and ran with him outside. The flesh destroyed the wall with the doors from which you escaped. "Hide somewhere safe." You said in falsetto. He nodded and ran off.

"I will crush your ribs and puncture your lungs you little shit." He hissed in anger.

You aimed your sword at him with your eyes glaring at him behind the mask.

After a moment, he launched a bunch of his flesh at you. You quickly jumped up dodging them.

He then launched them again making your eyes widen with panic. 'Shit! I'm in midair... Wait!'

"Total concentration. Water breathing, ninth form; Splashing water flow, turbulent."

You jumped on the incoming flesh and then jumped to the other fluidly.