Chapter 39

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

Sanemi scowled, in disbelief at this fact along with a few others. "Also, there's something else I'd like to announce to you." Kagaya paused before he continued.

"Tanjiro here has crossed paths with Kibutsuji.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

That news took everyone aback and you did not like this news as you looked down at your brother Tanjiro

"No way! Even when no hashira crossed paths with him?!" Tengen was shocked as he abruptly looked over to him, knocking Mitsuri down in the process. "You mean this kid?!" He continued and you can see the shock in his face.

"What did he look like? What are his abilities?!"

You frowned as you let him sit up. "Did he do anything to you?!"

"Where did this take place!"

"Did you fight him?"

"What was Kibutsuji doing even!" Sanemi shook him to speak who looked quite nauseous from sudden shakes. "Did you find his base?!" You snatched him away and wrapped an around Tanjiro. "Please answer! And are you okay!?"

"Shut up! I asked first!" Tengen butted in. "First we should know about Kibutsuji's abilities!"

Kagaya lifted his finger over his lips as a sign for the hashiras to be quiet and you all obediently bowed down, not letting out a single utterance.

"Kibutsuji has sent pursuers after Tanjiro." You frowned as Kagaya continued. "Thus the purpose may simply be to silence him and it's the first time in years that Kibutsuji has left a trail and I wish not to let that chance get away. Also, something is happening to Nezuko that Kibutsuji did not see coming. Can you try to understand?"

Silence lingered in the air...

"No. I can't, Master." You looked over to him with a scowl as Sanemi continued. "If it were a human I would've let it live but a demon is a different story! Not after that we, the demon slayers, have gone through in combat. Not after so many people have lost their lives!"

You couldn't argue with that fact. You lost so many comrades, a dearest fiancé, and almost lost your life to the demon. The love you held for Nezuko was strong, and you trusted her. And even if she did kill a human, which she won't, you will be the first one to take responsibility for this action and you will pay it by the price of your life.