Chapter 37

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

Now you're on your way to patrol a village, how fun to meet people finally!

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

The village was neat and peaceful, with lively people walking on the busy street and some dragging carriages in the wide streets selling or delivering their goods

People were diverse here, some with traditional kimonos and others in European attire. This village seems a bit big, maybe a famous attraction for people throughout Japan and outside—the village beside the huge cities.

It seems like you're back to patrolling the villages and towns for upcoming years, how dull.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

(Time skip)

(Age: 21 years old)

(Mission status: Incomplete)

It's been years and you got too used to this life of a demon hunter and a lonesome life you never imagined living. You also have moved on from everyone as you lead a life alone with your trustworthy blade that you held with pride.

Since the winter two years ago has passed, you have been reminded of your misery once you saw your mother and the rest of the grown-up children you assumed were your siblings. At first, it was only your father which you didn't think much of but now it's concerning to say that they even communicate with you wherever you head back to bed after those tiring missions.

You shook yourself from your thoughts as you walked toward the headquarters of the demon slayer. Your face had a small frown, wondering why Chiko restlessly and almost annoyingly forced you to wake up to go to the headquarters. The kakushi leading you there were intimidated by your aura even though a mask covered your facial expression but this intimidated them more.

"W-We're here Hashira-Sama!" The kakushis bowed and left, leaving you by yourself. You had to walk a bit more to reach the back of the mansion and all the eyes landed on you immediately when you reached there.

The Hashiras and a kakushi were staring at you with an untrustful look which made you sigh in annoyance as you lifted your arms.

"And who is this woman?" Tengen asked while pointing at you. "A woman?" Shinobu questioned right after she got up from her kneeling position. 'Uzui-San can differentiate with the heartbeats.' You recalled as you looked over to them.