Chapter 24

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

After writing it, you left it at your window for Chiko to collect and deliver it.

'It's gonna be a long waiting for me.' You thought slipping back to your futon.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

"You should use more force Giyuu," Sabito advised

"You should use more force Giyuu," Sabito advised. He in return nodded and swung his sword again. "CAW!! CAW!! Message from (name)!! Message from (name)!!" Chiko yelled as he flew above them and grasped their attention.

Their eyes glistened in excitement. Chiko flew lower and dropped the letter in Sabito's hand. Before he can fly away, Sabito calls out to him.

"Hey wait!! We want to send a letter back so can you wait for us?" Sabito asked. Chiko sat on a branch of a tree waiting for them.

Opening the letter, Sabito read it out loud while Giyuu listened to him attentively. After it, Giyuu pulled a paper and a pen out of nowhere and handed them to Sabito who looked at him confused.

"I predicted that (name) will send us a letter so I kept them with me just in case." He responded.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Dear (name)

Yes, we all are fine and our training is going well. And I think we are improving thanks to our huge determination. Well, I'm worried about you now. Of course, I wouldn't force you to quit or anything but I request you to take care of yourself and have plenty of rest. The thing about the Wisteria crest surprised me. Is that how cool is the demon slayer corps? I won't be surprised when there are a lot more cool things. Please keep us updated if you can after a battle. Wait, I'm sure you know it. Whatever. Good luck! And Giyuu said hi!

-Sabito

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Folding the paper, Sabito handed it to Chiko who grabbed it by his feet and flew away with a bit of struggle since it started to snow heavily. "At least the messages won't be one-sided from now on," Sabito spoke as he stared at the sky to which Giyuu nodded to his words.

You sat on the engawa with the mask on of course and gazed at the snowy sky. The new year is almost around the corner, you assumed. You had your blanket wrapped around you for how cold the weather was.