Chapter 28

After The Vicious Cannon Fodder Was Reborn CH 028 Admitting Wrongs

Posted by NYXBIRD on APRIL 20, 2021

Tao Mu and the crowd looked on in fear, worried that Wu Xiaoxuan’s parents would also scream and cry in front of them. Fortunately, the heavens would not cut off all paths——oddities like the Zhang family were relatively rare.

You c an fi nd t he la te st cha pte rs at ( th e ir on tr ee bl oo ms. c o m )

Wu Xiaoxuan’s parents looked at their daughter in the intensive care unit. Although they were also very sad, there was none of the unreasonable behavior the Zhang family had displayed, practically hooligans eager to sell their daughter at a good price.

Although the old couple had tears in their eyes and could barely keep themselves together, two pairs of rough hands held Tao Mu’s hands in gratitude: “Thank you, lad, and thank you all. If it weren’t for your help, my daughter might not be able to come back. Us old couple only gave birth to this one daughter, if something happened to her…..”

Wu Xiaoxuan’s mother wiped another tear with her backhand. Sniffing her nose, she said: “Thank you, thank you, the police, thank you, doctor, thank you…..”

Wu Xiaoxuan’s parents were probably the most representative group of ordinary people in the ’40s and ’50s group. When they were young, they took over the work from their parents. Later, when they met with the tide of worker lay-offs, the couple were both laid off. They then set up a pancake stall near home to sell pancakes. Later, the pancake stall became a snack bar, and the old couple relied on this snack bar to feed their family of three. They had worked hard and honestly for their whole lives. The farthest place they had traveled to was Tongzhou, and the most beautiful scenery they had seen was the Great Wall. They had never left their familiar neighborhood in Beijing in their entire lives.

This time, upon receiving the call from the police in H Town, Wu Xiaoxuan’s parents were completely stunned. The couple closed the small restaurant in a daze, and got on the train to H Town. When they got off the train, they almost even got lost. They carried their luggage and found the police patrolling outside the train station to ask the police to take them to the police station. As soon as they entered the police station, they wanted to kneel to the police but were stopped by Officer Yao and the others. They were then taken to the hospital. When they got to the hospital, they once again wanted to kneel down to the doctor. Now that they saw Tao Mu and the others, although they did not kneel down, their simple and humble language was enough to bring a sting to one’s nose.

It was really unbearable to watch and listen to.

“Auntie, don’t worry. The doctors said that the operation was very successful. Let’s just wait for the child to wake up at night and it’ll all be fine.” Qin Miaoru, who had been standing by and watching the show, nudged Wu Xiaoxuan’s mother with her shoulder to comfort her. Then she took one of the three containers of pork rib soup that she had made by herself and handed it to mother Wu: “You come from a place as far away as the capital, and must not have eaten the whole way, right? I have ready-made pork rib soup. Originally it was to be given to the three girls. You drink it first, and I’ll make another for them when I get back.”

“Thank you, good girl.” Wu Xiaoxuan’s mother saw Qin Miaoru’s delinquent appearance and at first she dared not speak. Qin Miaoru forcibly stuffed the thermos container into mother Wu’s arms, and helped them sit down on the plastic row chair next to the corridor.

A group of tall and sturdy northern men followed behind Qin Miaoru and helped mother Wu and father Wu put their luggage on the side.

Zhang Hanya’s family were a little bit timid at first when they saw such a bunch of big and fierce looking men. Later, when they saw that these people seemed to be very nice people, they became arrogant again.