7

Mariah Miller

"So how was your first kiss?" Me and Destiny were on the phone. It was now Sunday and after the unique night I had yesterday, I was left upset. Because I wanted to see him again..

"We didn't kiss destiny. The most I did was sit on his lap. It was amazing" I could tell she was disappointed in my lack of physical connection with him, but I was fulfilled, I didn't need more than that right now.

"I was expecting more but I guess that's fine, then he'll do it next time" I doubt it, I doubt he even finds me attractive.

"Yeah yeah whatever"

My Sunday went normal with my daily visit to the park, finishing work for my classes, and missing Zach.

This morning he texted me to see how I was and to say good morning. I love that about him, and how he checked on me as much as he could. He even made sure I got in safe last night to tell me good night.

The soft pink polish glided across my nail perfectly. I had this down to a T to where I never missed my toe and got no polish on my skin. My mother didn't believe in taking me to a nail tech since painting nails and toes only required a steady hand and that I had.

Right as I finished my smallest toe, my phone went off. I smiled when I read his name on my screen and wasted no time answering the phone and running to lock my bedroom door.

Didn't want my mom interrupting us this time.

"Hello?" My heart did a dance when the words left my mouth. "Sweetheart" I giggled. "Yes"

"How was your day?"

"Good, Went to the park and painted my toes!" I could hear his faint giggle in the back.

"I want to see them when I see you again. Speaking in seeing you again, when are you free? I want to take you to six flags with me"

I froze, when would I be able to see him again?

"W-When we're you thinking?"

"Can you do tomorrow love?" No I can't... But I will.

"Yeah, what time?"

"Towards the evening time. I could pick you up at 3pm?" Not bad, I get out of school at 2:30. I just have to think of something to tell my mom.

"That's fine, I should be ready by then"

"Good"

Then we were in our comfortable silence again, the silence that only he could break because I was always too nervous to talk first.

"You smelled so good yesterday? What was that? Vanilla?" Vanilla is right.

"How'd you know ?!"

"It's not often you smell vanilla scents, I think that's why it's so easy to tell it out from any other smells"

"I guess so"

Once again, silence.

"Well I'm going to let you sleep doll, I'll text you in the morning. I wouldn't want you to miss sleep over me"

"Okay, g'night!"

"Good night baby"

_____

"Destiny, Destiny, Destiny!" I ran up to her in the hallways. "Woah whats wrong Ri?"

"I need your help" she closed her locker and looked at me with concerned eyes. "Me and Zach are going to six flags later, what am I going to tell my mom while I'm gone?"

"Girl just tell her me and you are having a sleepover, you know I'll cover for you"

"I can't believe I'm doing this"

"I can, it's about time. You're a little late to the talking to boys thing but better to be late than never right?"

Right?