14

Mariah Miller

"I feel so lucky to be the first guy you've ever gone out with" Zach interlocked our fingers and kissed my hand.

We were going on our first date to some fancy restaurant. Destiny told me restaurant attire should be dressy so I had on a white dress that she leant me. It stopped mid-thigh and she said it looked great on me.

I didn't agree.

"Really?"

"Yes baby, really"

I was so nervous, I've never been on a date before. I didn't know how to act, what to say, how to look- I just hoped Zach couldn't tell.

He helped me get seated in my chair and then sat in his chair in front of me. Destiny told me to sit up straight and my shoulders back. She said it will make me look more mature.

Zach smiled at me. Just like he always did.

"You look beautiful. I love your dress" I didn't even have to look in the mirror to know my cheeks were red.

"T-Thank you. You look nice too" Zach was wearing a white dress shirt with a black tie and black jeans. To me, he looked great. Very attractive.

But what if other girls here found him attractive? What if other girls in here were attractive to him? I didn't know much about boys but these other girls in here definitely did.

"Is everything okay? You seem a little off today"

"I'm okay, I just haven't been on a date before" Destiny would say that's a good excuse.

"Don't be nervous. All I ask from you is to be yourself-"

"Hello my name is Shonna I'll be your waitress for the evening. Can I get you started with drinks?"

My head shot up to look at her. But she was already too busy looking at Zach.

I slumped in my seat looking at the drink menu that was in front of me.

"I'll get a White Beach Cocktail" Zach said before folding his drink menu.

"Got it! I'll have that out in a few minutes" Before I can order she began to walk away. What was her problem?

"Um excuse me, you didn't get my girlfriend's drink order" She stopped in her tracks before turning back around. She looked upset.

"I-I just wanted water," I told her. She wrote down my item and without another word, she walked away.

I tried my best to restrain the tears from filling my eyes but I couldn't. I was already so stressed about this date and then this waitress came and treats me so mean.

"I'm going to ask for a new waitress. There's something off about her" He got up and went up to the front. I felt so out of place. Women were dressed in beautiful long elegant dressed that presented their bodies perfectly and I was in a short white dress that my friend leant me.

I felt like I looked like Zach's hooker or something.

"I got us a new waiter, he'll be back to take our food order in like 10 minutes," Zach said sitting back down in front of me.

"Zach, do you really like me?" I looked down at my lap fidgeting with my hands. There were girls so much prettier than me, so much older than me, and so much more mature than me. I was most likely just his eye candy.

"Of course, I like you Mariah, why are you thinking like that?"

"I feel like you're just with me because I'm younger than you. Y-You're making me feel things I've never felt before and... I don't know what to do"

"I don't want you to feel that way. I was honest with you from the start Mariah and I understand we do have a bit of an age gap but I never saw you as someone to use. I trust you, a lot" 

I was speechless. I'd never heard someone tell me something so thoughtful before, and since it came from him I knew that I just grew more attached.

But since I had no relationship experience, I just don't know how to protect myself if he were to hurt me.

"So you actually like me?" Zach looked back up from his lap and finally back at me.

"Honestly I don't think I just like you anymore, I love you"

He was looking into my eyes and my heart started beating fast. I couldn't thoroughly comprehend what he just said especially since I knew almost everyone around me said 'I love you' to each other. Destiny says she loves her boyfriend, which means I can say it to mine.

"I love you too"

_____

We sat on a park bench that wasn't too far from the restaurant we just left. It was night time and we were the only ones here, me sitting on his lap facing him while his hands were wrapped around my body squeezing me closer every few minutes.

I could smell his cologne on his neck and it was perfect. The setting was perfect, the time was perfect and he was perfect, but I just knew I shouldn't be doing this but now it was too late for me to care, I'm too far deep, well... Were too far deep.

Just as I began to get comfortable laying in his neck, his left hand wrapped around my neck pulling me forward to look at him. To this day that always makes me feel the most attracted to him.

"Why are you blushing?" He whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine. I had a feeling he knew why I was blushing.

His lips connected with mine and I tried my best to keep up with him. This kissing thing is still new to me. Zach removed his hand from my neck and slid both of them under my shirt while squeezing my waist. Being touched by him always drove me crazy.

But this time it was different.

His hands slid more up my shirt but I was too high off of this kiss to even notice yet, until both of them reached the wire of my bra. I almost froze right there. He stopped to look at me.

"Is this okay?" I hurriedly nodded. I didn't care if he touched my bra, Destiny and her boyfriend always touched each other. Matter of fact, Destiny would tell me she and Jessie did more than just that.

"Y-You can take it off if you want" His eyes widened in shock. Honestly, I definitely didn't think before I told him that.

"Are you sure?" I smiled "Yes I'm sure. O-Only if you want to"

His hands reached the back of my bra slowly unclasping it. I helped him remove it from inside of my dress and by the time I knew it, my white Victoria's Secret bra was in his hand.

"I'm gonna keep this" He whispered in my ear before stuffing my small bra into his pant pocket.

And after today I realized I couldn't imagine my life without him