O N E

Luke pulled up in the gravel driveway with a huge smile on his face, ready to surprise Calum with a gift. Today was their three year anniversary, and even though both boys agreed on no presents, Luke just couldn't help himself. The soft plushy teddy bear felt nice against Luke's pale skin, like the feather down inside a pillow. After getting out of his car and making his way up to the front door, Luke fumbled for his key to Calum's house, nearly dropping the teddy bear and his keys several times. Eventually he succeeded in opening the door, pushing it open with his foot and quietly entering, not wanting to frighten his boyfriend.

"Cal?" He called, not seeing the elder boy in the living room which he normally inhabits. Luke walked down the dimly lit hall, still not seeing the dark haired Kiwi boy. "Cal?" Luke tried again, nearing the boy's bedroom. He stopped in his tracks and his stomach lurched when he heard moans and whimpers coming from Calum's room. Luke tried, he tried so hard to convince himself to turn around, but curiosity got the best of him and he opened the door. Immediately he let out a sob at the sight before him, his beloved boyfriend was in bed with another boy. Luke turned back down the hallway, vaguely hearing Calum call him in the distance.

The soft teddy bear fell to the ground in Calum's apartment, and the frantic boy stumbled around it in a vain attempt to get to Luke who had made it back to his car but was struggling with his keys due to his vision clouding with tears. "Luke, baby, I can explain!" Calum yelled, desperately pulling a shirt down over his head. Luke didn't respond; he had finally managed to unlock his car and get in. Calum wanted so badly to go after the blonde, but he was stuck in the doorway, fumbling with his pants, while Luke sped down the road, not looking back.

"Where did I go wrong?" Luke wondered to himself, sniffling and pulling his blanket closer. His tub of ice cream was melting and the condensation that dripped through his fingers made him uncomfortable, however Luke continued to cry and shovel the ice cream into his mouth. Vibrations from his cell phone interrupted his movie every twenty seconds. Luke grabbed the small device, looking at the screen to see that he had fourteen texts from Calum and eleven missed calls. Luke groaned and tossed the device back into the duvet after putting it on silent.

Eventually Luke ran out of ice cream and the movie ended, so he sat in darkness while tears streamed down his cheeks and into his lap. His mind was racing, wondering what he had done wrong, or what he could've done to make Calum stay. Luke's thoughts stung him like angry bees, pulling more tears from his eyes as well as energy from his body. The blonde boy drifted into a restless sleep with tear stained cheeks, mumbling apologies and letting out pitiful whimpers that sounded an awful lot like Calum.

Edited :)
Let me know what you think.

xoxo - k