F O U R T E E N

Michael woke up with a fever. The hybrid was whimpering in his sleep while tears fell down his flushed cheeks. At first, Luke assumed it was a nightmare, so he gently woke the small boy, only to be shocked when his hand came in contact with Michael's forehead. "Kitty? You're sick." Luke said quietly, brushing the damp hair away from Michael's chubby face. "Mikey n-no feel good." Michael whined, his bottom lip wobbling and fresh tears welling up in his bloodshot eyes. "Stay here for a second baby, I'll be right back." Luke hurriedly made his way to his phone, which was in the living room and made a call saying he wouldn't be able to work today, then he texted Calum to let him know, and finally he returned to his sick boy with a thermometer and some warm milk in hand. "Open your mouth and keep this under your tongue, alright kitty?" Luke placed the device in Michael's mouth and waited for the results. After the thermometer beeped, he checked the number, 102.3. "Okay baby, drink this milk, I'm going to go get you some medicine." Michael nodded, still sniffling a bit. Luke returned to the room with some generic medicine and gave it to the boy, he almost laughed at the face Michael made when he tasted the children's medicine. "Tastes icky." Michael mumbled, taking another sip of milk. "I know kitten, how's about we go get you a cool bath to make you feel better?" Green eyes looked up at Luke, and he agreed. The two made their way to the bath, and Luke took care of his sick baby as best he could.

An hour or so later, the boys were bundled up on the couch watching cartoons and it was almost lunchtime. "What do you want for lunch kitten?" Luke asked, still stroking Michael's soft pink hair and petting his slumped ears. "N-no, not hungry." The hybrid mumbled, letting his eyes wander to the thread in the blanket that his fingers were playing with. Luke sighed, knowing the boy needed to eat. Just as the blonde was about to argue, the front door opened, making the boys look towards the sound. In walked Calum and Ashton, both with arms full of bags. "Hey Bubba, hey Luke." Ashton called, dropping the bags off in the kitchen then walking towards them. "Hey guys." Luke responded, his body relaxing when seeing the two sit on the floor next to Michael's feet. "Heard you were sick, huh Bub?" Calum asked, patting Michael's knee soothingly. Michael nodded, not wanting to talk because it hurt his throat. "Well Ash and I brought you some soup, how's that sound?" Michael smiled a bit, nodding his head, which made his fluffy hair bounce. Luke was grateful that Calum could get Michael to eat, the boy's immune system was obviously weak and not eating was not going to help him. While Calum was busying himself with spoon feeding the hybrid, Ashton made his way over to Luke, who was sat on the couch with his head in his hands. The older teen furrowed his brows, "Hey, what's up Luke?" The blonde looked up with a guilt ridden expression. Ashton had concern written all over his face. "You know he's going to be okay right? It's just a cold, no big deal." He spoke, trying to comfort a distressed Luke. "I know, but it's scary, what if it wasn't, what if he was really sick? I care about him so much Ash, I never want him to hurt or be in any kind of pain, it's hurts me to see him sick, even if it does give me an excuse to baby him." Luke sighed, rubbing his eyes and waiting for a response from Ashton. The older teen just smiled, sitting down next to Luke and wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "You're so whipped." Luke chuckled and nodded his head, smiling at Ashton. "C'mon lover boy, you have a kitten to cuddle."

Edited :)

Hey guys, re writing is slow bc I'm swamped with school work, thank you for bearing with me!

Leave me a comment!

xoxo - k