F I V E

Michael whimpered loudly, tears slipping down his pale cheeks. "S-stop" he whispered, raking his fingers through his hair as he sat on the floor of the bathroom while Luke slept peacefully in the bedroom. "Pwease." He cried, fingernails moving down his arms and legs, leaving red scratch marks in their path. Anxiety bubbled over from Michael's mind into his physical being, causing his body to tremble.

He was forced awake into a panic attack by a nightmare; except that nightmare was real, it was Michael's past. Boys shouting terrible things at the hybrid, telling him he was a freak and that he should die. They had even gotten physical with him, pulling at his ears and tail while poor little Michael just cried and begged for them to stop.

Michael's sobs were heart wrenching, they were the embodiment of pain and torture. The painful noises that slipped past his lips eventually woke Luke, who stumbled around in the dark trying to follow the sounds. The bathroom door creaked when Luke pushed it open, causing a hysterical Michael spin around in his spot on the floor and look at Luke with panic driven eyes. "Kitten? What's wrong?" Luke was immediately wide awake, sitting next to Michael and pulling the boy into his lap. "H-had night s-scary." Michael whimpered through his tears. Luke stroked his soft hair, avoiding his ears, and whispered quietly, "Do you want to talk about it?" Michael looked up at Luke with big doe eyes and shook his head no. Luke sighed but agreed, not wanting to upset the boy more. "Alright, well let's get you back to bed." Michael nodded and Luke picked the boy up, carrying him like a baby again. Luke held the boy, setting him down on the bed; Michael whimpered loudly at the darkness and began to panic again. Luke reacted quickly, turning on some twinkle lights to soothe the boy. "It's okay kitty, look, I'm right here." Michael took a deep breath, making grabby hands at Luke with a pout settled on his lips. "Okay kitty, c'mere." Luke mumbled, crawling in next to Michael and pulling him into his chest. "T-thank you." Michael whispered, nuzzling into Luke's chest while Luke wrapped his arms around the sniffling boy. "Sleep well kitten."

Edited :)

This was short to begin with, but I couldn't think of anything to add without messing up the next chapter so I guess this will stay short

Thoughts?

xoxo - k