E I G H T

Luke groaned softly, struggling to pull on his unnecessarily tight jeans with one hand while simultaneously trying to rub his eyes to rid himself of the sleep that was threatening to overtake his staggering body. It was currently four a.m and Luke was up and at 'em -well he thought he was. The only reason the blonde even thought about getting up before the sun rose was because today was he had a job interview. Luke had been slowly running out of funds, due to his unexpected company, not that he was complaining about Michael.

A small mewl drew Luke's attention as the aforementioned kitten boy sat up in his and Luke's shared bed, rubbing his eyes with his fists sleepily. "L-lukey be leaving?" Michael's small voice trembled with sleep and sadness. Luke sighed, sitting on the bed near Michael. "I'll only be gone for a little bit kitten, I've got to go talk to someone about a job offer okay baby?" Luke's said, while holding Michael's small hand in his own, watching the sleepy boy carefully. The kitten boy's bottom lip trembled and one fat tear rolled down his soft cheek. "O-okay Lukey, pwomise Lukey be s-safe on j-joby yes?" Michael's voice shook as the he tried to keep a brave face for Luke. The blonde sighed, brushing his knuckles lightly across Michael's cheek, gathering the moisture there. "I promise baby kitten," Luke said with a sad smile, leaning in and kissing Michael's cheek softly as the black haired boy sniffled and rubbed his red nose with his sweater paws. "I'll be back soon, okay?" Luke whispered against Michael's skin, kissing it one last time and getting up, not wanting to look back at Michael's heartbroken face sitting on the bed behind him.

Michael watched Luke's retreating form with tear filled eyes, not wanting his human to go away. The kitten boy sniffled again, pulling the duvet up around his body and letting out a soft mewl as he buried his face in the fabric. "M-mikey not like b-be by his sewf," the small boy mumbled to himself, frowning at his stuttering and lack of correct English. He wanted to talk like Lukey, Michael wanted to be a human like his Lukey. Sighing lightly, Michael buried himself further into the covers, allowing himself to release a hiccup, which snowballed into full fledged hysterical sobbing. The poor little boy was devastated that he couldn't be normal, and every word that the boys at the playground had said to him were resurfacing.

Michael's little body was thrown roughly to the side as kicks and punches rained down on him.

"Freak of nature!" One boy spat as he pulled Michael's tail, ripping a shriek of pain from the hybrid.

"Mutant mistake," another growled, grabbing each of the delicate ears atop Michael's head and yanking roughly, causing the webbed skin to tear, deriving another scream of agony from the kitten boy.

The group of boys continued to taunt and hurt poor Michael until the sun set and they left, leaving the boy a bloodied, beaten mess on the grass unconscious.

The hybrid stuffed his fists in his mouth to muffle his loud sobs, not knowing when Luke was going to return; Michael didn't want his Lukey to ever worry about him. The small boy trembled and quaked as his panic skyrocketed and he sobbed into his pillow. Michael began to feel a bubbling in his stomach, and before he knew what had hit him, the small hybrid vomited all over Luke's bed. As the acidic waste stained the white sheets, Michael's green eyes widened in fear, that had never happened to him. The poor boy didn't understand what was happening, and for all he did know, his Lukey would be mad at him for getting stuff on his bed. Michael continued to work himself up, his thoughts going haywire. His hands scratched at his ears, his throat clenched with sobs, and his eyes squeezed shut as tears poured like rain from heavy clouds. The hybrid clutched his hair and released a heart wrenching scream of utter confusion as his brain went into a haze of chaos. The small boy fought to gain control of his raging anxiety and fear, and all his struggling finally paid off as his guttural screams slowly faded into whimpers, pleads for his sanity, and then a sole, clear thought in the dark of his anxiety riddled mind.

Luke.

The blonde tugged lightly at the tie around his neck, loosening it and heaving out a breath of relief. He got the job; now he just had to break it to Michael.

Luke contemplated how he should tell the black haired boy that he would no longer be with him 24/7. Sighing in frustration, Luke carded his fingers roughly through his blonde locks, glancing at the road ahead of him and groaning loudly when he saw the extended line of impatient cars stopped at the ominously glowing red light. He flicked through the radio stations, becoming slightly less irritated as he skimmed across some familiar song and began to hum along with the mellow melody. Eventually, the red light changed to green, and the mass of cars hurried to get on their way. Luke's thoughts drifted to his boy at home, smiling at the thought of Michael cuddled up in a blanket, watching some animated tv show as his green eyes glittered with happiness.

Luke had no idea that poor little Michael was alone, passed out on the bed, surrounded by his own vomit and tear-dampened sheets.

Edited :)
This one and these next few chapters are already written how I want them so I'm just making minor changes until I get to the ending.

Thoughts?

xoxo - k