CHAPTER #004. FUNDAMENTALS TIME!

The Takano residence was a corner lot located on Block 2, and the room on the second floor left-side window always had a soft glow of light on during the night. None of the family members had a particular aversion toward darkness, but Hajime was certain that his younger sister, Takano Miho, kept her bedroom lights on because she had the worst eyesight and tended to get up often in the middle of the night. She could barely see beyond her hands without contact lenses, which she inconveniently opted for instead of glasses since she was a psychopath. The brown haired male stumbled past her door with a hand over his eyes, having just woken up from an afternoon nap.

The brown haired male entered the kitchen, not bothering to turn on the lights as he blindly grabbed a glass from the shelf and staggered toward the water dispenser. He gulped down a cup of fresh cool water with a relieved sigh, eyes blinking open to scan the dark surroundings. With his half-empty cup of water, Hajime went to the living room area where the TV was mysteriously left on. Squinting in thought, he remembered turning it off before his nap. Odd. The male shuddered and urged his feet to step forward.

There was a shadowed figure slumped on their couch. Hajime silently walked around the furniture, mahogany eyes strained on the person as he tip-toed to face the intruder-ghost-detestable ancestor. The brown haired male gulped, hand trembling around the cup as he leaned forward. His mother was out of the country on a food trip with his father accompanying her and they wouldn't return for a couple of days, the doors were locked since that afternoon, and his detestable ancestor knew better than to show themselves to him.

The male realized he was about to face something not on the list of choices. An anomaly. Hajime inhaled, gathering the courage his uncle managed to beat into him and— "Hajime-kun?"

A high-pitched shriek left the brown haired male as the figure sat up with a yawn. The cup was unceremoniously thrown at the shadowy figure that stopped mid-yawn to yelp as they were doused in cool water. "What the hell?" An airy voice whined drowsily as they wiped the liquid from their neck and face, silver colored hair glinting a white sheen under the light of the crescent moon. It belonged to a familiar face that Hajime squinted accusingly at, irritation bubbling up from the sudden adrenaline rush he experienced. He clutched at his chest, heart thudding rapidly under the palm of his hand.

"What the hecking fuck are you doing in my house, Atsushi-kun?" The brown haired male stomped over to the wall and slapped it until he managed to hit the light switch, illuminating the living room. It was his mother's pride and joy; furnished with a white and dark wood accent themed decor, with plush white couches that felt like he was lying on literal marshmallows. On that same couch, his childhood friend and former classmate pouted sleepily at him, doused in water and holding the empty cup in his hand.

Hajime frowned. "How did you get in?" The male snatched the cup and set it on the table, then stormed into the kitchen to grab a towel that he used to wipe up the spilled water on the couch. God forbid his mother found out about the mess he made of her expensive furniture, the male shivered just thinking about what would happen. After that, he roughly tossed the towel to his friend, gauging on whether he was an unannounced intruder or burglar depending on his agenda. The towel landed on his face with a slick wap! causing the other teen to wince as he peeled it off.

Golden colored eyes narrowed in confusion, "Through the front door like a normal person? With the house key you gave me like half a year ago? Hello?" Kato Atsushi was half-asleep, half-distraught, and whole heartedly plotting his childhood friend's murder at that moment. The silver haired male patted his face dry as Hajime stood in front of him in thought.

"Right." Hajime muttered, "I did that. That was something I did." The teen stared at his friend and frowned hard at him, wanting to interrogate him on why he decided to mysteriously intrude their living room at 1AM in the morning. However, it was unfortunate to say that this was not the first time this kind of thing happened. Atsushi had a record for scaring the living shit out of Hajime during the night with his unannounced appearances, so the male should have expected this sooner or later.