CHAPTER #010. TIME TO DECLINE!

T
he arcade was loud, full of noises and joyful screams as people wandered around the many games in the establishment. Hajime stood in front of a large screen, holding up a fake gun hooked up to the machine, and was rapidly tearing down the enemies that appeared on screen. The hit count at the corner hiked up into three digit numbers within ten minutes of playing the game, a mechanical voice monotonously congratulating him for his achievements. The plastic stick of a caramel flavored lollipop poked out from his lips as he frowned at the screen, 'GAME OVER!' flashing at him in bright lights. He held up the gun, index finger hooked on the trigger.

"Already?" He murmured in disappointment. Mahogany colored eyes stared at the newest high score presented on the scoreboard, his name taking up the top four spots. While the brown haired male was observing his new highest score, an arm looped around his shoulder as silver hair was pushed into his line of sight. Atsushi leaned forward to peer at the scoreboard and whistled in amazement.

"Highest score again, Hajime-kun?" Atsushi asked teasingly, "You might want to switch games some time. Leave some for the rest of the kids." The silver haired male gestured behind him with his thumb, making Hajime peer over his shoulder. A group of younger kids on the cusp of puberty stared in awe at the brown haired male, stars in their eyes as they looked from the scoreboard to the teenager holding the gun. Atsushi grinned and pulled his friend away from the shooting game, maneuvering through the crowd to the claw machines lined against the wall where a petite black haired female was pressed against the glass box.

Atsushi waved his hand over his head. "Hifumi-chan~ I found him!!" The blacked haired female looked away from the stuffed plushies, half-lidded teal colored eyes blinking up at the two males. Ibaragi Hifumi gave a quiet giggle as she saw her two companions.

Hajime was pulled near the claw machine as Atsushi stepped up to the controller, grabbing the tokens the black haired female presented to him. He inserted the tokens into the machine and stared intensely at the plushies ready to be taken. The brown haired male leaned against the glass of the claw machine, on the other side of the silver haired male, and sighed. The trio of students were dressed in their school uniforms, standing out starkly in their dull gray clothing amongst the flashing neon lights and bright colors. Atsushi and Hifumi had ambushed him at the main gate and coerced him into going to the arcade like they had been planning. It was still supposed to be in the planning stage, but they were all conveniently free that Friday afternoon.

Hifumi called out to Hajime, who was standing on the other side of the silver haired male hunched between them. "How has Class E been, Hajime-kun?" She questioned as Atsushi dropped a kumamon plushie and pursed his lips, making her rub his back consolingly while handing the male more tokens.

"It's alright," Hajime commented around the sweet in his mouth, leaning his head against the glass and watching Atsushi squint at the fallen Kumamon plushie. "A little chaotic, but the classes are easier and more relaxed. I'm enjoying it." The claw gripped tightly around the black bear and raised upward. It wobbled, and the three students watched with a baited breath as the claw moved towards the depositing area. It successfully dropped the Kumamon, making Atsushi jump up with a cry of joy.

The silver haired male wrapped his arms around the two student's shoulders, bringing them into his arms as he grinned widely. "Aha! Did you see that?! I did it!" Hifumi giggled in his hold while Hajime had an exasperated smile tugging on his lips at his friend's excitement. Atsushi released his friends to crouch down and grab the black bear plushie, staring at it in awe as he held the plushie with two hands. The male then stood and held the Kumamon out toward their female companion.

"For you, Hifumi-chan!" Atsushi announced with a grin.

Hajime rolled his eyes behind his childhood friend and pushed Atsushi to the side, ignoring the duo as he rolled up the sleeves of his sweater. Hifumi had accepted the plushie presented and the two had a hushed conversation that Hajime pretended he couldn't hear as he eyed the plushies available. There were a couple more Kumamon plushies and some fruit and vegetable shaped plushies. He smirked, moving the lollipop around in his mouth.