CHAPTER #005. KARMA'S TIME!

Mahogany colored eyes skimmed over the quiz sheet as Hajime set down his pen. There were a lot of dates mentioned, but the student was certain of his answers. He placed his hands down on the desk and looked up, seeing his classmates focused on their own paperwork. Faint scratches of pens against paper could be heard along with the solemn sighs of confusion that periodically came from troubled students. History wasn't his favorite subject, but learning about different countries and their complicated histories was interesting. Though, Hajime tapped his index finger on the paper, the way things were taught in school happened to be extraordinarily dull.

At the front of the classroom, their teacher was facing the wall next to the blackboard. Korosensei sulkily punched the wall with his feelers. A consistent broing! swoosh! broing broing! cutting through the classroom's concentrated silence. The male placed his elbow on his desk and leaned his head on his opened palm as he watched. The sound was very distracting.

It seemed he wasn't the only one to share those thoughts as Okano Hinata snapped her head up and barked, "All of that broing broing-ing is annoying, Korosensei!! We're taking a quiz, you know!!" Her loud voice cut through the room.

The brown haired student side-glanced his new seatmate as Korosensei hastily apologized for disrupting their test. Akabane Karma had taken the empty spot between Hajime and Terasaka Ryouma. Hajime had noticed the spot next to him on the right side was mysteriously furnished with a desk and chair when he walked into the classroom just before the last period. The red head was leaning on his seat, arm hooked behind the back of his chair. Akabane appeared to be done with his test as well and was biding his time. Hajime hadn't been able to properly introduce himself yet to the student, but he was fairly certain they were aware of each other's presence and reputation.

Akabane was a troublesome student known throughout the school for his violent behavior. On the other hand, Hajime was a role model student with a bunch of bad rumors surrounding him. Both placed remarkably high on the academic rankings last year and with that came a heightened awareness of each other even if they haven't personally met. Hajime briefly wondered if he should approach the red head first, his eyes fluttering as tiredness overcame him. The student had been feeling fatigued and subdued all day, which had him concerned that he was coming down with something.

There was a slight murmur of conversation to his right, but the words were muddled as Hajime fell into a light doze. The voices raised in volume before a sharp call of his name was heard. "Hey, you over there! Don't make a ruckus during the test!" Korosensei reprimanded, his bulbous head coloring a dark red at the distracted students at the back of the class. "—and Takano-kun, no sleeping during class!"

The brown haired male sleepily opened one downturned eye. It was apparent that his seatmate was up to no good. Akabane sat up and pulled out a pink colored gelato ice cream. "Sorry, Korosensei. I already finished so I'll just eat gelato and be quiet." The red head piped up and licked the frozen treat innocently. Korosensei lifted a feeler,

"You can't do something like that during class. Honestly, where did you buy tha—" Beady eyes recognized the familiar gelato. "Tha! That's the one I went to Italy and bought yesterday!" The yellow octopus loudly exclaimed.

"So loud. . ." Hajime muttered under his breath. The student shifted his position so that he was lying his head down on crossed arms, facing the direction of the red head so he could watch what was happening. However, his eyes closed once more.

The familiar plop! of tentacles liquifying and the sound of a gun firing startled the brown haired teen awake. He sat up, downturned eyes blinking open in surprise at the sudden noise. It seemed that Korosensei had slithered right on the pellets that Akabane left on the ground. A neat trick, Hajime sleepily noted. It was his second time harming the teacher, making him the student to deal the most damage on their target.