chapter (1) hideout

Giggles of child like laughter sounds in a small bedroom in a two stories height house located on a street call vertus Avenue. the houses on this street was just average coming apart homes left for ruin devastating by the years destructive weather conditions.

The conjured up shadows shines on the walls in the room silhouette on pink and blue in the background. With one huge bunk bed in a medium size room, pulled down aqua blue sheets steep haft way down on the floor on both mattress, a kid size dresser, a mirror that was glue on the left hand side of the room closet door with a pink framed surrounding it.

Posters stick all over the walls. Some with faces of guys in fancy clothes huddled together with a microphones in front of them smiling. along with some that had cartoons characters and inspirational saying on it.

Bunnies and Alaskan huskies Stuffed animals sits in place ontop of shelves. And on the only two desks a bad combination but good sense for children's—oh and the trophies big and small no gold but still there shining in all its glory.

The room looks like it was made for a young girl or girls to inhabit and that was one of the reasons why the room was pick . . . Well half a reason.

(Mel) short for Melissa and (jen) short for Jennifer came up from inside their forth. They smile at each other hands lock together their leftover clean up is in order but too tired nor determined mind set for this after hour routine . . . we'll mid afternoon.

The lightning shriek hits follow by the loud sound of the thunder that sends a shadow from the outside in. They were spook but not too sacred as both girls huddled together their good mood slipping under again. It takes a few moments before Mel leaves jen side to pull back the curtains for a view that we'll snap them out of their illusion. But not before a quick look at the clock on the wall, it was three fifty-five a relief look take it place on Mel face than she pull back the thick light pick/blue mix color curtains.

Muddy, sloppy mess on roadside and in yards. Garbage trucks are long overdue, rust ruin vehicles sits in place as leftover light brown rust forms thickened around every known supposive vehicles, that if you can still tell.

The heavy rain falls conditions continue on like pebble size stones dropping from the heavens. And then the idea pop's into Mel head, an idea for what else they will do today before the time. She whisper in jen ears her idea than ran to the room closet sitting on a pinkes,blue rug was boxes among boxes she look good until she find the ones that had the paint and brushes then shifted back into the middle of the room as jen came with some water from the hallway bathroom.

Paint after paint, brush after brush they use to let out ALL their emotions raving in out hoping to keep it out to. They also talk about this and that in a child minded ways. After a good while Mel glance back at the clock on the wall it was seven twenty now she gets up quickly, she move their mess to the side of the room. Then run downstairs and out the front door she goes. Jen gets up to but head to the room window instead. Her red shaggy hair have a little paint on it but doesn't seem bothered by it as she scratches her tiny freckle on her face that turns red at the slightest touch. Jen look down focusing directly on  Mel movement as Mel run into the house the same as theirs cross the road.

They like to wait untill the last minutes to scout abandoned houses for food and other essential for survival it's exciting, fun . . . A practice for if something happen and they have to make a last minute decision . . . Alest That's what they keep telling themselves.

Light drizzle started dropping dimming little by little from an hour ago. It wasn't long before Mel was out making her way back with two small bags of groceries which have gone way past due. Mel cross back over not taken her time only to be shock by a sound that wasn't thunder, . . . "Who's . . . Whistling? Mel spoke to herself.